1 2
chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/11/20 11:20 a.m.
z31maniac said:

When did they become a quality supplier? 

When I got my first E30 in I think 2007..............they were known for selling off-brand stuff with a poor reputation for longevity and quality. 

That sounds like ECS

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/11/20 12:29 p.m.

I ordered a piddly little interior light for the E39 from them recently.  I chose the cheapest possible shipping option.  It was on my doorstep in two days. 

I'm a happy customer.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/11/20 1:47 p.m.

Good supplier, one of my favorite to work with.  The warranty thing is awesome even though I haven't had to use it yet (but I definitely will).  The OP seems to confuse $100m in revenue with $100m in earnings though... big difference.

mfennell
mfennell Reader
12/11/20 2:39 p.m.

Yeah, FCP is great.  I had no idea how big they are now.   I ordered a ton of stuff. in the spring  Lots of individual fasteners.  Took me 30 minutes just to inventory everything.  Not a single mistake, which is definitely not par for the course with other places I've dealt with.  It doesn't hurt that I sometimes see regular UPS shipments from CT to NJ in 24 hours.  They are very efficient.

Another thing I like is that someone will respond to emails.  I made a point of buying a few things from a smaller shop that has great YT content that I learned a lot from but my emails go nowhere.  Emails trying to spend 100s of dollars (like, they carry a particular strut but not the exact version I need or the tune upgrade I needed from X->Y isn't listed on the site because of an oversight).  Email following up on a phone call to, again, spend a bunch of money.  I finally gave up.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/11/20 3:54 p.m.
m4ff3w said:
bludroptop said:

I didn't say it was a scam.  I said I wouldn't do it.  Ethical standards, like so many things, are not binary.

I thought their business model was to sell quality parts at a fair price and treat their customers with respect and courtesy.  Silly me.

They literally tell you to do it...  I don't see what's unethical about it?

I'm on Bluedroptops side.  I would feel like a complete douche, plus I would wonder where they were screwing me to make up the loss.

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/12/20 5:24 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

They're banking on you not needing to replace the parts twice. Most people only replace a tie rod or a strut once before they sell the car and move onto something else. This warranty policy was their idea; if you choose not to use it, that's your loss.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/12/20 5:45 p.m.

In reply to 350z247 :

People send their engine oil and filters back...

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/14/20 9:18 a.m.

Yeah, I just did it again last month; I've also spent $1,500 there this year on things other than oil. I bought the parts from FCP because I know I'm only buying them once. This was their marketing idea, and it's clearly working out for them.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/14/20 11:58 a.m.
350z247 said:

They're banking on you not needing to replace the parts twice. Most people only replace a tie rod or a strut once before they sell the car and move onto something else. This warranty policy was their idea; if you choose not to use it, that's your loss.

Exactly this.  The % of people who keep a car long enough to replace wear-items more than once is pretty small (we're a group of oddballs). The oil & filter warranty isn't worth the time and hassle for me...I usually buy the cheap stuff anyway.  If you're strictly shopping for prices, some items can be a little more expensive...but their service & general good vibes are worth it.  I don't buy everything from them, but they're the first place I look.  

ebelements
ebelements Reader
12/14/20 2:40 p.m.

Wowwwww. I didn't know the people that go to restaurants, order a coke, request multiple refills the complimentary bread, then leave were adept enough to use tools.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CYIYDNjLfomlqKSFmMHEcw0QAJvz9tlmoBgZNPVQjOW4OYuNXm6s6BZYuZ3d0wJe