1 2 3 4
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/09 8:41 a.m.

Just thought I'd update this thread, BMW is leaving F1 at the end of the season:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/07/29/bmw.formula.one.exit/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 HalfDork
7/29/09 9:15 a.m.

Kubica is a free man!!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
7/29/09 10:01 a.m.

Who wants to bet that Fonzo will be driving a red car next year?

Gotta love the soap opera that is Formula One.

PaulY
PaulY Reader
7/29/09 10:36 a.m.

Wow, that article just really annoyed me. The FIA are just blatantly using this as fuel for their argument for the rule changes. "Look cause you all opposed the rule changes now BMW is leaving, way to go FOTA!" But wait, wasn't BMW in FOTA opposing the rule changes.... Clearly that wasn't going to help otherwise they'd be behind them. This doesn't look good for F1 if BMW, who's main focus on making cars is to make sporty drivers cars wants to leave a top tier race like F1. Maybe BMW is just sucking lately. I mean have you seen the X5 and X6M??? WTF were they thinking? Might as well go jump into the inaugural "Nascar Soccer Mom Crossover series" and appeal to the masses more.

It's a shame since BMW did so well the last two years, this year just really killed them. I wonder if Renault will be picking up one or both of them. Also it must really suck for german fans since that was like the only all german team(car, team, engine, driver).

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/09 12:39 p.m.

Seriously, F1 is supposed to be about spending cubic dollars to go as fast as humanly possible around a track within the formula provided. Get back to it being an engineer's white board of crazy ideas and I'll gladly watch!

Don't like the water? Stay the berkeley out of the pool!

What it really comes down to is Bernie and the rest of the people in charge are afraid that if they don't make changes, they won't continue to make money hand over fist like they have been. In doing so they have ruined the concept of the "gentleman racer" who only races because it was more exciting than playing polo, etc. Think about all of the "extreme" action sports we've been blasted with over the past few decades and realize that Grand Prix racing was the one of the original action sports.

Grand Prix, where crazy, rich people went to get their kicks

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/09 12:40 p.m.

Seriously, F1 is supposed to be about spending cubic dollars to go as fast as humanly possible around a track within the formula provided. Get back to it being an engineer's white board of crazy ideas and I'll gladly watch!

Don't like the water? Stay the berkeley out of the pool!

What it really comes down to is Bernie and the rest of the people in charge are afraid that if they don't make changes, they won't continue to make money hand over fist like they have been. In doing so they have ruined the concept of the "gentleman racer" who only races because it was more exciting than playing polo, etc. Think about all of the "extreme" action sports we've been blasted with over the past few decades and realize that Grand Prix racing was the one of the original action sports.

Grand Prix, where crazy, rich people went to get their kicks before kids with spiky hair came along and began jumping off buildings and calling everyone "dude"

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
veydYGTBybamxzrlZoWOOzHdMqM35vRC102rBXbsFMLeXvHyziF6IyVbZZIpINeA