1 2 3 4
jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
9/30/09 8:00 p.m.

I would say a Touareg V-10 Diesel but it puts out twice the torque at 553 ft-lb

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/09 9:53 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: I would say a Touareg V-10 Diesel but it puts out twice the torque at 553 ft-lb

Man, I would love to have one of these.

RossD
RossD HalfDork
9/30/09 9:55 p.m.

Audi Allroad with 2.7L biturbo and a 6-speed.

Spend an extra $600 and get the computer reflashed and shock more than just kids in mustangs.

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
9/30/09 10:35 p.m.

I smell Saab 9-2x. Or as everyone else has said, Foz.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/09 10:40 p.m.
walterj wrote: 1990-98 Porsche Carrera 4?

Targa.. the new ones have a glass roof that rolls back under the rear window

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
9/30/09 10:58 p.m.

Man, you guys just listed a whole bunch of cars I'd like to own. You are also on the right track. It's hard to take pictures in the dark, so better pics will be up tomorrow. The body style, engine, and transmission combination I wanted was only available for one model year.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/09 10:59 p.m.

Legacy GT with the 5 speed?

alex
alex HalfDork
9/30/09 11:15 p.m.

Nominated for funnest thread ever.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/30/09 11:16 p.m.

SVX with WRX Swap?

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
10/1/09 1:37 a.m.

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon with a 5 speed

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 New Reader
10/1/09 3:00 a.m.
InigoMontoya wrote: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon with a 5 speed

This is my guess too, as the wagon was only available with a manual in the 2005 model year!

Jay
Jay Dork
10/1/09 3:27 a.m.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9?
As for shocking kids in Mustangs... Well, the one I used to drive shocked me every time I got out and closed the door. Something about the upholstry...

2002maniac
2002maniac Reader
10/1/09 3:53 a.m.

Hmm, is that a TMIC I see?

marktmv
marktmv New Reader
10/1/09 8:59 a.m.

In reply to PeterAK:

Jaguar X-type wagon, with a slight "tweak" ?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
10/1/09 9:34 a.m.

Turbo k series swapped into a CRX + all wheel CRV drive-train?

seriously, how many honda guys have a hard time standing up straight when they hear that combo?

hmm seriously though, turbo passport?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/09 9:54 a.m.

Audi TT?

C4C McLaren Buick Grand National GNX?

A heater core from 1988 Ford Tempo AWD?

Spaghetti?

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/1/09 10:08 a.m.
CLNSC3 wrote:
This is my guess too, as the wagon was only available with a manual in the 2005 model year!

+1

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
10/1/09 10:26 a.m.

I'm always amazed at the power of the throbbing brain of GRM. You guys are good! 2005 Legacy GT Limited wagon with a 5 speed!

Been watching Autotrader and eBay for quite a while. Ended up finding this on Friday on the Legacy GT forum where someone posted a link to the ad from the dealership but it already said it was sold. Because it was right here in Milwaukee I e-mailed them and asked to let me know if the deal fell through. Got an e-mail on Monday that the buyer from New York bailed, so I test drove it Monday, took it to my mechanic for a once over Tuesday, and picked it up Wednesday.

I didn't care if the car was a limited or not, but the leather is nice, though I could actually live without the huge sunroof that comes with the limited package. The heated seats and mirrors will be nice in the Wisco winters!

69k miles. Interior is spotless. The rear bumper was run into something so there is some cracking in the paint, and three of the wheels do have a ding in them. All the suspension is original and it tracks and drives straight and smooth. Good Year tires are like new. Fresh brakes. The dealer I bought it from picked it up at auction with a turbo that was leaking oil. They replaced the turbo and the car has a 3k mile bumper to bumper warranty with no deductible so I'm comfortable with that.

Had a great dealership experience. Independent used car dealer. They have a warehouse rather than a traditional open lot and give their no-negotiation price up front. It was a couple hundred bucks over Edmunds private party and quite a bit below KBB private party. More importantly, it was priced very well compared to all of the Leggy GT wagons on Autotrader nation wide.

This is the first car I've had in a long time that I want to do things to... It is too quiet! It pulls right up to the rev limiter and I don't notice. So, once the 3k mile warranty is up I'll be looking at c/a intakes and possibly an exhaust. Windows are definitely getting tinted. I loved the BMW that it replaced, but this was definitely a great move. Much smoother on the highway. Handles almost as good, but I'm used to rwd and will need to learn how to drive this thing.

Without further delay, here are the pics.

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
10/1/09 10:30 a.m.

That is very sweet. Good choice!

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
10/1/09 10:30 a.m.

Very nice! Have fun cleaning it, and honestly, I am a fan of sunroofs. Sure, they add weight and all, but they add some really nice circulation to the car when the windows are down.

alex
alex HalfDork
10/1/09 10:35 a.m.

Brand new car, and the first thing you do is climb on top of it to take a shot through the sunroof?

That's just the sort of thing I would do.

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
10/1/09 10:36 a.m.
alex wrote: Brand new car, and the first thing you do is climb on top of it to take a shot through the sunroof? That's just the sort of thing I would do.

I'm tall enough that I was able to take that by opening the back door and standing on the ledge.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
10/1/09 11:33 a.m.

I like it!

Does this mean that your 95 is for sale?

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/1/09 11:33 a.m.

Nice, I have those on my short-list for when I need a new DD.

andrave
andrave HalfDork
10/1/09 11:37 a.m.

Thats about as sexy as wagons get, IMO.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HBniOuhdjOJEEtrBwJEsCOq5TO7qWurHRxPkSeQ94BuOBlZFVimAJHveKizP9ypX