1 ... 58 59 60 61 62
Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/6/24 1:57 p.m.

Bearman in for KMag. 

I think this is a more risky race for Bearman. The Ferrari was easy to earn points with. He just needs to have a clean race and finish at least 16th or higher. 

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
9/6/24 5:57 p.m.

Apparently DirectTV and Disney are having a little contractual fight...so no ESPN (F1 and more) for now.  Hopefully this gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/6/24 7:08 p.m.
Coniglio Rampante said:

Apparently DirectTV and Disney are having a little contractual fight...so no ESPN (F1 and more) for now.  Hopefully this gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Yep. I'm using DTV Stream, and it's affecting that, too. My prediction is that it gets resolved before Monday Night Football. Great thing about the streaming option is that there's no contract and no hardware, so if this does drag on, I'll just switch.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/10/24 12:36 a.m.

Williams top a session in Baku?

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
9/10/24 6:28 a.m.
trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
9/10/24 8:26 a.m.

In reply to Hoppps :

The hope this makes a battle up front with Alonso, Max, Piastri, Norris, Leclerc, and Hamilton. Can you imagine the fireworks between Alonso and Hamilton.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/10/24 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Hoppps :

In all seriousness, Lawernce looks like he's willing to do what it takes to make Aston Martin competitive–of course, since this is F1, that likely means he's willing–and able–to spend as much money as possible to get there.

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
9/10/24 1:19 p.m.
trigun7469 said:

In reply to Hoppps :

The hope this makes a battle up front with Alonso, Max, Piastri, Norris, Leclerc, and Hamilton. Can you imagine the fireworks between Alonso and Hamilton.

I'm totally down for all of that, I just don't want to hear lance starting to get more podiums because they have an OP car.

My dentist mentioned it would be awesome to see Fernando get another win, and that it could just mean lances car hit the wall faster lol

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
9/10/24 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Hoppps :

Aston Martin have been copying a year old Newey and Merc car for a while, Lance did not jump past Alonso, he is still a support driver, the car is going to be built for Alonso. I am not hating on him and have no ill will towards him, but his performance will be that of Checo or Eddie Irvine, something crazy would have to happen to the top 6, which anything is possible.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/11/24 9:39 p.m.

I don't remember hearing until today that Ford was actually going to make an F1 engine? 

I haven't started down the rabbit hole but is the Redbull engine for 2026 really made by Ford or badged a Ford? 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/11/24 9:59 p.m.
trigun7469 said:

In reply to Hoppps :

Aston Martin have been copying a year old Newey and Merc car for a while, Lance did not jump past Alonso, he is still a support driver, the car is going to be built for Alonso. 

I guess, but Fred is already 43, which is ancient by F1 standards. Sooner or later he's going to start dropping off, and we're talking at least two years before he's in a Newey car. Not sure I'd want to plan on a guy that'll be pushing 50 by the time they get the car sorted.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/12/24 8:00 a.m.
Advan046 said:

I don't remember hearing until today that Ford was actually going to make an F1 engine? 

I haven't started down the rabbit hole but is the Redbull engine for 2026 really made by Ford or badged a Ford? 

Ford is not making the engine- that would be RBR powertrains. Ford is supposedly doing the electronics for the hybrid part. It's possible that F will pay more money to put their name on the body bigger, but that wasn't the agreement that was reported. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/12/24 9:38 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

RBR Powertrain is still pretty much Honda right, just diffrent branding? 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/12/24 1:53 p.m.
alfadriver said:
Advan046 said:

Ford is not making the engine- that would be RBR powertrains. Ford is supposedly doing the electronics for the hybrid part. It's possible that F will pay more money to put their name on the body bigger, but that wasn't the agreement that was reported. 

That is what I understand as well. I guess the reporter misspoke about Ford engines not progressing as expect d. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/12/24 2:56 p.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to alfadriver :

RBR Powertrain is still pretty much Honda right, just diffrent branding? 

Or at least what Honda sold them. Remember that Honda is carrying on with their own engine program. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/12/24 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Advan046 :

If Ford helped on the engine, I would be even more angry, given all of the skill and talent they dumped in the ICE branch over the last couple of years.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/13/24 6:08 p.m.

Figured it was good I had ESPN+ as part of a bundle. But I see now that ESPN has made all F1 videos NOT ESPN+ this weekend. Weird since you would think paying for ESPN+ directly would be better for ESPN. But they want everyone to be grumpy. Lol. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/14/24 9:06 a.m.

Well, qualifying was interesting.  Both some expected and some unexpected.  

With Ferrari and Piastri pretty clearly faster, it was too bad that Lando seemingly mistook a white flag for a yellow, and got dropped in Q1.  

RBR on a street course, yea...  Even if Perez is good at this track.

Williams- wow.  Both cars into Q3.  But how in the world did they miss the cooler before Albon left?  Colopinto sure makes the decision to replace Seargant quite smart.  Q3 on his second race?  Awesome for him, and the progress the team is showing explains Sianz's decision to joining the team.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/15/24 8:44 a.m.

Colapinto in the points and Bearman too after the crash!  Well done for the new kids! 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/15/24 9:16 a.m.

Excellent drive from Oscar and Charles. Perez looked like he got a little greedy on that last lap. To my eyes, Sainz was threading the needle to make that move and Perez had way more room to avoid Sainz if he wanted. Once again, it ain't over til it's over for Russell.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/15/24 9:21 a.m.

That was quite the race.  The fight for the front at the end was pretty awesome, and the passing through the field was great.  

McLaren has managed to really pass RBR for the constructors- Norris' recovery race was epic.  It's really too bad he didn't get out of Q1 yesterday, or he would probably be a lot closer to Max- but it did make the race really interesting.

That end battle for the lead was really something.  LeClerc tried so many times for Piastri to hold him off- then when Charles burnt up his tires- geez.  He made a GREAT move to repass Perez going through one, which let Sainz through.  But then, Sainz made a big mistake that led to the crash- if he tucked cleanly behind LeClerc, there would have been no real way for Perez to close on him.

As for the crash- I've not seen a replay to really judge who was immediately to blame- but the core reason they were in that position at that specific spot was on Carlos and that move into turn 2.

Edit- Ferrari is just 30 points from RBR, who is 20 points from McLaren.  Don't see Mercedes really getting into this, but that close for the top three is fun.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/15/24 10:37 a.m.

That was an amazing race from start to finish.

Battles all through the field!

A bit of a crazy ending!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/15/24 11:33 a.m.

Checo... 

Lando had about the best Sunday possible for him.

I sure expected the Ferrari tires to outlast the McLarens, but he was in the bad air for 30 laps, I guess.

Very entertaining race.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/15/24 1:22 p.m.

Where the heck did Charles' 6 second lead go during that pit stop?? It just vaporized in 1 lap.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/15/24 1:35 p.m.

So Sainz-Perez is officially a racing incident.  Apparently the stewards decided that Sainz was on his normal line, Perez was in a position to see the positions of the cars better- so both drivers get some blame.  Should be fun to hear Horner's response to that.

1 ... 58 59 60 61 62

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZQgwzikTBouvGLQd975Mq9LK8vdnh9XCfHmkaJPnHGDNPa34se6H8FT2Ij0mtPFi