1 ... 65 66 67
kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
10/21/24 2:34 p.m.

In reply to xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) :

Exactly,the rule stops real racecraft from happening.

If Max commits to defending the inside line then it should remain the inside line if there's a car on the outside....who gives a damn who got to the apex first.

If there's any overlap space needs to be allowed for both cars regardless of inside or out.....Alonso had it right all those yrs ago lol.

Next corner was a right hander,if Max played by my rules and Lando was able to hang with him around the outside then its still game on vs game over.

Don't even get me started on track limits being the entire track width of the car(not just an F1 thing its most tracks and series now....nascar at Watkins Glen is ridiculous with the paved runoffs)

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
10/21/24 2:50 p.m.

I say spray the outside edge of the run off with coke syrup so it acts like fly paper..................that will stop all the nonsense.

Realistically all they could do is cut groves in the pavement for about 6-8ft to make it more like rumble strips. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/21/24 3:01 p.m.

NASCAR track limits are generally delineated by a wall. Except at COTA, Daytona, Talledaga.  Cant pass below the yellow line, because that is a guaranteed trip to destruction, and COTA in the switchbacks, because that would be one long straight for the stock car boys.  Using all the asphalt at Watkins Glen is kinda cool...

I'm fine with either, as long as it is consistent.  "We are worried about track limits on turn 9, 12 and 15."  Why not on all, or none?

JimS
JimS Reader
10/21/24 5:04 p.m.

Lando could also back off and stay on track and not hit Max. Looks like a good racing move to me. 

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
10/21/24 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Roofing nails in the rumble strips :)

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/24 5:23 p.m.

I'm not a fan of the current passing rules in F1, we lose a lot of entertaining battles to it and instead just have cars trying to get to the apex first so they can claim the corners as theirs and not have to leave space on the outside at exit.

What bothered me about the Max/Lando pass is that Max also gained an advantage by going off track. He released his brakes late in the braking zone to be ahead at the apex but because of that he did not make the corner within track limits. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/21/24 5:42 p.m.

Lando need to learn to be more aggressive, as in do the same move on max. If he dive bombed that corner, being ahead at the apex, max would have gotten a 5 second penalty for forcing a car off. 

1 ... 65 66 67

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1otfD1NKkpTVozzFIjQgffqcpSF41n9pDY3Yf5mQiY1hlgJoRpk7gYbsfeSplX09