1 2 3
wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
11/25/11 6:53 a.m.
E_AT_me wrote: bought some lifetime replacement axles as anyone who owns one of these knows that once lowered they eat axles.

hadn't heard of this as a systemic problem..... all Honda's or just the Civic ?

my '91 CRX is lowered , stiffened (spring, shocks, and sway bars ) ... it's a-x'ed 20 - 25 events / yr and TT/PDX'ed 5 - 7 times/yr ( for the last 5 yrs ) .. the only axle problem so far was a cone torn boot......

E_AT_me
E_AT_me New Reader
11/25/11 7:00 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
E_AT_me wrote: bought some lifetime replacement axles as anyone who owns one of these knows that once lowered they eat axles.
hadn't heard of this as a systemic problem..... all Honda's or just the Civic ? my '91 CRX is lowered , stiffened (spring, shocks, and sway bars ) ... it's a-x'ed 20 - 25 events / yr and TT/PDX'ed 5 - 7 times/yr ( for the last 5 yrs ) .. the only axle problem so far was a cone torn boot......

hmmm. happened on my old CRX too before i dropped in a b series. i'm more or less guessing it's the quality of axles issue over that of the civic/crx itself. oem honda axles last much much longer. my re-mans started clicking like clockwork after a year. have done them the last two aprils. i'm starting to get clicking out of one of them already though. i'll wait till it gets bad and do them in april again.

easycreeper
easycreeper New Reader
12/10/11 5:19 a.m.

Gosh. I thought this thread died weeks ago and I stopped checking it... Then I get the bright idea to come and refresh my memory of the options presented and there's more!

corey222: Thanks for the heads up on the single cam engines. I had always wondered why the Focus a friend of mine had never made it to 150K before giving up the ghost. Of course, he was pretty brutal to that car and add to that a less than stellar engine and the end result is clear. I'll keep an eye out for the Z-Tec engined Foci. Thanks for the input!

a401cj: Nah, not the original tires, just some good old BF Goodrich Comp T/As that need to be replaced.

DaewooOfDeath: I figured that about the Aveos. Its looks didn't do much for me, but I could overlook it if the car was somewhat enjoyable to drive. Guess I forgot that GM has an aversion to making some of their smaller cars fun to drive.

I hate to say it (well, maybe I don't), but I am now considering Miatas as well since talking with a few owners and search on teh internets returns much better fuel economy than the EPA suggests. Whatcha think? 1st or 2nd gen?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JhegSD7klXMC2ESSgaoR0hHL6PXqNOH6sJbPGzXVwEsKZuJi9QrDoM95WLCpgffv