1 2 3
Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
4/8/13 4:35 p.m.

Most alfas are fun enough people are happy with them mostly stock. Of course they usually need enough maintaince that finding excuses to upgrade things isn't too hard either.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/8/13 4:46 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: Most alfas are fun enough people are happy with them mostly stock. Of course they usually need enough maintaince that finding excuses to upgrade things isn't too hard either.

Milano Verde /thread

:D

wspohn
wspohn Reader
4/8/13 5:02 p.m.

There are almost no stock cars made that aren't a compromise in terms of selection of suspension settings as well as many engine features. The Lotus is the only one I can think of that I'd consider leaving totall alone.

I think the only car I have ever owned that didn't move me to modify it is my old Lamborghini. What are you going to do to it? Stick a Chev in it?

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
4/8/13 5:27 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote:
Travis_K wrote: Most alfas are fun enough people are happy with them mostly stock. Of course they usually need enough maintaince that finding excuses to upgrade things isn't too hard either.
Milano Verde /thread :D

Yup, as long as the budget includes a seat rebuild, I'd go with a 2.5 otherwise. Just add good shocks and tires, euro headlights and poly suspension bushings when you replace the worn out stuff and other than that it would be plenty of fun stock.

Josh
Josh SuperDork
4/8/13 6:08 p.m.
scardeal wrote: So, the question is (for you), is there a stock vehicle that is "good enough" for fun driving and autocross use that you're not tempted to modify, because it would potentially ruin something already nearly perfect?

It sounds like you want an S2000, especially if you can find/afford a CR (and you don't hate wings, or need a soft top).

Hal
Hal Dork
4/8/13 6:58 p.m.
scardeal wrote: So, the question is (for you), is there a stock vehicle that is "good enough" for fun driving and autocross use that you're not tempted to modify

No. I bought my first car in 1966 and have never had a "stock" car for longer than 2 weeks. Many times I have had aftermarket parts on hand before I ever got the car.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
4/8/13 10:47 p.m.

Id like to hear about the mods to your Transit Connect..

Josh
Josh SuperDork
4/8/13 10:54 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Id like to hear about the mods to your Transit Connect..

It was modded before he even took delivery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Transit_Connect Cargo van conversion To circumvent the 25% tariff on imported light trucks, Ford imports all Transit Connects as passenger vehicles with rear windows, rear seats and rear seatbelts.[15] The vehicles are exported from Turkey on cargo ships owned by Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, arrive in Baltimore, and are converted into commercial vehicles at WWL Vehicle Services Americas Inc. facility: rear windows are replaced with metal panels and rear seats removed (except on wagons).[15] The removed parts are then recycled.[15] The process exploits a loophole in the customs definition of a commercial vehicle. As cargo does not need seats with seat belts or rear windows, presence of those items exempts the vehicle from commercial vehicle status. The conversion process costs Ford hundreds of dollars per van, but saves thousands over having to pay the tax.[15] Partly because of this, only the long-wheelbase, high roof configuration is exported to North America. In most places, the high-roof Transit Connect, like most Ford Econoline vans, is unable to access multi-story parking because of its height of 1.98 m (6′ 6″).[11]
Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
4/9/13 4:42 p.m.

Thanks for tempting me to rant about trade policies but rather i will say those mods dont count!

Hal
Hal Dork
4/9/13 7:13 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Id like to hear about the mods to your Transit Connect..

You can check some of them out here. My Transit Connect. In addition to those I have changed the 15" steelies to 17" wheels form a 2012 Focus. Once the warranty runs out I will probably lower it some ( have to find someone to fabricate the parts for the axle flip). A turbocharger has also been considered.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
4/9/13 7:49 p.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: RX-8 R3 Of course I'm biased.

I don't think you're biased at all. Of course I may be biased.

91RSImpulse
91RSImpulse New Reader
4/10/13 12:07 p.m.

what about a Stage 1 turbo Chevy Cobalt SS? factory mod! Is that still considered stock? they were impressive in stock form...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bEmIG9EjYrbw80Mtc9asvaakmjZsiosD0Bq5VYLlfedqr9UBMZ9hMZ3a4qp6tTqf