1 2
Duende
Duende New Reader
10/21/08 8:14 p.m.

Um, are all these P71 people talking about Crown Vics?

exST165
exST165 New Reader
10/21/08 8:22 p.m.

I say Nissan Pathfinder. 2001-2004 models are getting quite inexpensive and have the nice 3.5 litre motor.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
10/21/08 8:34 p.m.
Duende wrote: Um, are all these P71 people talking about Crown Vics?

the police interceptor package ones..

ex-cop car crown vics to be precise, you can find them for pretty cheap if you know where to look.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter New Reader
10/21/08 9:35 p.m.

I love driving my Bronco, but I'm under the impression that the general crowd here isn't a fan of the f-150 chassis, and I believe it will fail your fuel economy desires.

That being said, short wheelbase + lots of steering angle + curb-rompability makes for one of the easiest to park vehicles I've ever had.

Duende
Duende New Reader
10/21/08 10:22 p.m.

That's what I thought... I'm wanting one of those bad too.

Guess I want one of everything...

mtn
mtn Dork
10/21/08 10:59 p.m.
Duende wrote: That's what I thought... I'm wanting one of those bad too. Guess I want one of everything...

I take it you are new here? Get used to the following: Miata, E30, P71.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/08 11:50 p.m.
Duende wrote: That's what I thought... I'm wanting one of those bad too. Guess I want one of everything...

Dunno where you are in Oregon, but if you ever want a ride in a 14-second modded P71 I'm in Portland all the time

I'll be charging for riders at next year's autocrosses

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
10/22/08 5:42 a.m.

There are an aweful lot of F and G body suspension mods that can be done to a 2WD S10. Wouldn't take a lot to make one handle pretty well, and withthe 4.3 they'll certainly meet your towing requirements. Sure the back seat is a little small on the extended cab, but that's the way babies start out anyway.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
10/22/08 5:46 a.m.

I vote for the Subie or Volvo answer. Maybe an older MB also?

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
10/22/08 7:24 a.m.

The mileage sucks but it's heavy on cool.

d_jabsd
d_jabsd GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/22/08 7:54 a.m.
fiat22turbo wrote: I believe many of the the Audi's are rated to around 2-3000lbs. I know my dad loves his 98 Avant. The V6 is nice and smooth, but the turbo of course has more upgrade pontential. Either way, suspension pieces, etc are available. BTW, he bought his 98 white A4 Avant V6 for around 10K.

I've always thought a 4.2L A6 would be a decent DD/tow vehicle. It seems like it would have the power and the suspension could easily be beefed up. Its probably not very economical, but eh... gas prices are going down some.

It also probably can't tow much... but i don't think a small car on a dolly would be a problem.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nZgCqcjKJR8XXokzuMcq3o8kzR0YUb1aQGSaEsJ4ZInHQgScFapT6VCnrCaBt0YR