1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/19 5:04 p.m.
earlybroncoguy1 said:

The work corner of my mancave. The rest of the 20x40 shop is walled with the same old barn tin, most of it with the "patina" side out, a few more posters, more signs, some neon, some old photos, tools, etc. Projection TV was free, works great with HDMI input from an old Blue ray player with internal wifi, I stream Pandora at full blast and never irritate the wife or the neighbors, HD over the air antenna brings in local stations.  Shop PC is my kid's old gaming PC, great for web surfing. Hidden under the cabinets is the beer fridge. Wall cabinets are old take outs from Habitat Restore and old houses.

I live out in the country, whenever I see someone taking down an old barn or building I make an offer on materials and haul off what I can use, all the tin, overhead lights, and most of the lumber was scored that way.         

What I like about this is that it's not just stylish. It's actually a very useable space - unlike most man caves. Nicely done. 

I used an old kitchen from Habitat to totally transform the laundry room in our old house. Which had the unfortunate side effect of setting the bar for the new place much higher.

Will
Will UltraDork
11/30/19 12:23 p.m.

When I was a kid, I wanted a Powell & Peralta skateboard so badly, but I could never afford it. A while back, I realized I'm an adult, and skateboard decks aren't that expensive. So now I have two Powell decks as art.

I used to work in the hot rod industry, and I have a 57 Thunderbird, so at one time Eric Brockmeyer sent me a nice rendering of a 57 he designed, so I finally got that mounted.

I also have a 94 Thunderbird SC. In 94 Ford won the NASCAR manufacturer championship, so I put up a poster showing all the Thunderbird drivers who scored championship points that year.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/30/19 3:43 p.m.

In reply to earlybroncoguy1 :

OFG! Dude, stop!

Most sweet! Enjoy!

wspohn
wspohn Dork
12/1/19 3:25 p.m.

I also have a Michelin Bibendum in my garage, but other than that, just a few trophies of decades of racing - mostly car parts that failed to survive a race, including a piston that sheared the crown off leaving one wrist pin saddle that made it a nice small cigar ashtray, and this - a rod bent into a nice sinuous 'S' shape (don't let them tell you that a clamped wrist pin is a weak spot). and a valve from a very rare DOHC engine bent to show the piston angle that hit it.......

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
12/1/19 7:37 p.m.

God  and trunk lid off of my Gambler 500 car.

fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
12/1/19 8:52 p.m.
paranoid_android said:

A friend gave me this one- he didn’t know anything about it, and I never found any info.  He said it was from the late 70’s.  I think it’s just plain cool.

Yup that's my local track where I run most of the time.

the google map link

That poster is from the late 70's when it was the largest drag strip in Canada and I think the only place that ran top fuel dragster.

The history of the place is really interesting because the guy who owns it is a total excentric. The drag strip is his old runway that he converted. It left from his house which is a silo at the end of the drag strip. It's pretty run down nowadays but it's one of the cheapest tracks to run in the Northeast. 

We also run our autocross events on the tri-oval which is pretty awesome.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
12/1/19 9:17 p.m.
earlybroncoguy1 said:

The work corner of my mancave. The rest of the 20x40 shop is walled with the same old barn tin, most of it with the "patina" side out, a few more posters, more signs, some neon, some old photos, tools, etc. Projection TV was free, works great with HDMI input from an old Blue ray player with internal wifi, I stream Pandora at full blast and never irritate the wife or the neighbors, HD over the air antenna brings in local stations.  Shop PC is my kid's old gaming PC, great for web surfing. Hidden under the cabinets is the beer fridge. Wall cabinets are old take outs from Habitat Restore and old houses.

I live out in the country, whenever I see someone taking down an old barn or building I make an offer on materials and haul off what I can use, all the tin, overhead lights, and most of the lumber was scored that way.         

I just don't get the Puerto Rico flag and the international scout art.  wink  Awesome garage dude.  Thanks for sharing. 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
12/5/19 6:03 p.m.

Hoods from a body shop that participated in Art Prize several year ago.

Wow, sorry about the terrible lighting.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/6/19 8:33 a.m.

I have a poster for the 1971 Le Mans film from our SCCA club, they were getting rid of stuff.  I figured it could at least live in my garage.  Apparently they arranged a screening back then.

TXratti
TXratti Reader
12/6/19 12:49 p.m.
paranoid_android said:

A friend gave me this one- he didn’t know anything about it, and I never found any info.  He said it was from the late 70’s.  I think it’s just plain cool.

Nice! I did a rally at the Sanair Track a few years ago. They have the dragway, and can connect it around to have a "circuit," as well as the Tri-oval. Some amazing history at that place (NASCAR/ INDY)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/19 1:25 p.m.

I almost forgot about the tiny Mustang that resides in the corner!

Will
Will UltraDork
2/22/20 1:35 p.m.

I keep buying skateboards...

I also picked up this piece at the junkyard, and can't decide if I want to keep it as garage art or see if I can sell it.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
2/23/20 9:20 a.m.

Scrap steel and cast off plywood. 

Another piece of cast off wood, some dog chain, and iron pipe. It has rusted and aged nicely since I took this picture.

914 Reader
6/7/20 10:24 a.m.

Star Wars wallpaper mural smiley

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/7/20 10:37 a.m.

Mostly my stuff is Datsun related. This poster is a Hector Cademartori print that was signed by Pete Brock, John Morton, John Caldwell and Mr K. Sorry for the glare. I got the metal sculpture under it from a guy on a Datsun Facebook group.  I also have a collection of Datsun/Nissan related grill badges on a real grill. I've got a lot of other framed Datsun prints and pictures that I dont have room to hang up. Yet.

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/7/20 10:50 a.m.
jimbob_racing said:

Mostly my stuff is Datsun related. This poster is a Hector Cademartori print that was signed by Pete Brock, John Morton, John Caldwell and Mr K. Sorry for the glare. I got the metal sculpture under it from a guy on a Datsun Facebook group.  I also have a collection of Datsun/Nissan related grill badges on a real grill. I've got a lot of other framed Datsun prints and pictures that I dont have room to hang up. Yet.

Any chance you still have contact info for the source of that sculpture? I have a friend who would absolutely love that!

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/7/20 10:53 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace (Forum Supporter) :

Let me check and see what I can find.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 10:57 a.m.

If he doesn't i'll see what i can do in cad because i want one too and i'll soon have the means to make it

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/7/20 11:00 a.m.

There's a ratsun.net facebook page and they guy that made it is still active. His name is johnny hay. He made these for a group buy back in 2016 but you still might be able to order one.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/7/20 11:06 a.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing :

My Datsun garage art.  Old posters on foam boards pulled from neighbors garbage whose wife worked at a Datsun parts warehouse in the 70's.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/7/20 11:09 a.m.

This was to mimic the Japanese garages who kept rare parts on the walls.  Of course other junk got added.  

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass New Reader
6/7/20 11:39 a.m.

Yall's garages are way too nice for me to be posting up any pics!

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
6/7/20 3:49 p.m.

I ran out of wall space.

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/8/20 5:30 a.m.
jimbob_racing said:

There's a ratsun.net facebook page and they guy that made it is still active. His name is johnny hay. He made these for a group buy back in 2016 but you still might be able to order one.

Thanks for the lead! I found him and he's going to make one for me!

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/8/20 6:54 a.m.

Awesome. They are very well made and Johnny has a lot of other neat things that he creates. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2GA3pMRYyhxCxqTfcc9yi6RXwxCaR9t0gCWPiSSIusM7kRZLm1eN0FMtV143Xirs