1 2 3
shadetree30
shadetree30 New Reader
5/19/10 10:50 a.m.

Please don't forget our Pennsylvania Hillclimb Assn events. We need workers and entrants!

DATE /SITE /Host Club

May 29 - 30 Jefferson Circuit, Summit Point WV NEPA

June 12- 13 Weatherly Entry / Hillclimb, Weatherly PA NEPA

June 26 - 27 Pagoda Hillclimb, Reading PA BMR

July 10 - 11 Giants Despair Hillclimb,Wilkes-Barre PA NEPA

August 7 - 8 Polish Mountain Hillclimb, Flintstone MD StlCR

August 21 - 22 Duryea Hillclimb, Reading PA BMR

September 4 - 5 Jefferson Circuit, Summit Point WV BMR

September 18 - 19 Weatherly Hillclimb, PA NEPA
More info: www.pahillclimb.org

WilberM3
WilberM3 Reader
5/20/10 9:49 a.m.
sachilles wrote: If you are there early enough friday night, stop by site 37. My brother in law and I will be frying up some wings for the masses. Woody, in terms of spectating, you'll only be able to see the start if you come in for a short amount of time. If you can commit to working the hill, you'll get a free lunch, and adult beverages after the hill is closed. Working gives you the best spectating. Workers meeting is usually around 7:30am. Honestly, you won't see many miata's....one of the few motorsports where they aren't the most popular ride. You'll likely see more subie's and mitsu's than anything. Wiber, you must mean James M. If I can help with anything, let me know. or pop over to the forums at hillclimb.org. The hillclimb crew is a friendly bunch, you'll have a good time, though I know it can be intimidating running with a new group of folks.

yea, thats him. he's been telling me i need to go hillclimbing for a while. i didnt realize its a whole weekend event though. turns out i'll be up in sutton, nh this saturday so i may make the drive over to check it out, if i can tow along my girlfriend without too much issue.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/20/10 11:46 a.m.

Sutton? I live in New London

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
5/21/10 9:06 p.m.

I'm gonna head up Sunday if anybody wants to hitch a ride and check it out with me. I think I'm gonna do Loudon on Saturday if anybody wants to hitch a ride to that. I'll be leaving from Nashua, no set time for Saturday but Sunday I'd like to leave early. Feel free to text me: 267 981 3936

JOHN

WilberM3
WilberM3 Reader
5/21/10 9:46 p.m.

looks like i may be checking it out saturday morning/afternoon. i'll be wearing a grey grassroots shirt and have my black TBSS there.

barnca
barnca Reader
5/21/10 9:54 p.m.

cool grm folk closer to me than i thought. wife went to colby sawyer. we lived there when she was in grad school in boston and she was a nanny for a couple in new london.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/21/10 10:58 p.m.

I'm a Colby-Sawyer grad myself. Moved away and then back lol. Can't get enough of these old people!

WilberM3
WilberM3 Reader
5/22/10 8:02 a.m.

i'm from just north of boston but my gf's sister and bil live in sutton, so it looks like a good staging point for a hillclimb weekend some point.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/22/10 8:16 a.m.

agreed

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
5/22/10 8:18 a.m.

I live about ten minutes away and can see the mountain from almost anywere in town but I still have not gotten to one of these events.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/22/10 8:32 a.m.

Get thee to the hill!

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
5/22/10 9:18 a.m.
Keith_Goodrich wrote: I live about ten minutes away and can see the mountain from almost anywere in town but I still have not gotten to one of these events.

What's WRONG with you? LOL Typical case of it's in my backyard therefore it's not that interesting? LOL

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/22/10 12:34 p.m.

watched some video on YouTube. The thing that stuck out for me was that there were so few spectators. I've only ever been to one hill climb (Pikes Peak) and the peeps are lined up the whole way up the road...

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/22/10 12:56 p.m.

These are classified for insurance purposes as non-spectator events. Don't mean you can't go and watch though. Best view is as worker on course, however.

barnca
barnca Reader
5/22/10 1:15 p.m.

and workers get free lunch and some other perks to.. some hillclimbs used to pay for gas money too.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
5/22/10 2:29 p.m.

I heard there was a hill climb this weekend at Mt Ascutney, Vt. which is about 15 mins from me. Wish I had time to go check it out.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/22/10 6:07 p.m.

Pics from today at Ascutney: http://daveestey.smugmug.com/Cars

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
5/22/10 7:07 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: Pics from today at Ascutney: http://daveestey.smugmug.com/Cars

Only 362 pictures?

They look good! Were you able to move around to other bends or were you stuck in the one location? Were you volunteering or just spectating?

I noticed a lot of these cars looked pretty stock, what are the requirements to be able to run one of these?

barnca
barnca Reader
5/22/10 7:20 p.m.

i think that modified has my transmission in it.. nice to see drew's out playin with his gtl 510.

WilberM3
WilberM3 Reader
5/22/10 8:01 p.m.

ok i'm hooked and i havent even driven yet. i'm thinking weld a cage into the challenge e30 and have at it.

dave i think i saw you right around the start of the second half near the start but i didnt realize what you were driving until just now. oh yea, that guy with the black modified, kevin right? i think i met his neighbor this morning . he's a volvo crazy guy with a pile of 144s and a really sweet 142 GT. he said he's traded parts with Per too apparently.

jeff, nice to meet you, hopefully we'll both be driving next time.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/22/10 11:10 p.m.

that white Modified is every kind of win and awesome in the book for me.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/22/10 11:29 p.m.
chknhwk wrote: I noticed a lot of these cars looked pretty stock, what are the requirements to be able to run one of these?

Appearances can be deceiving with some of these cars. But requirements are simple.

www.hillclimb.org has all the info

I'm not driving this weekend, the car needs a few more things. So to pull my weight as the PR guy for SCCNH (who runs the event) I'm taking photos. I was position between corners 13 and 14. 13 is (imo) the nastiest corner on the course and catches a lot of people out.

I can move around some and will tomorrow, just as long as I keep my brain in my head and stay out of sight for the drivers so I'm not a distraction. I tend to wear dark colors to aid in blending in with trees.

I did manage to cram 4 course workers into my caged CRX though, which means I had nearly half the cars weight in occupants.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/22/10 11:33 p.m.
WilberM3 wrote: ok i'm hooked and i havent even driven yet. i'm thinking weld a cage into the challenge e30 and have at it. dave i think i saw you right around the start of the second half near the start but i didnt realize what you were driving until just now. oh yea, that guy with the black modified, kevin right? i think i met his neighbor this morning . he's a volvo crazy guy with a pile of 144s and a really sweet 142 GT. he said he's traded parts with Per too apparently. jeff, nice to meet you, hopefully we'll both be driving next time.

DO IT.

Joey Kale (#111 Rally Car) built the cage in my CRX, he did an amazing job.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/10 6:14 a.m.

Is that Rabbit a diesel or does i just have really bad rings?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
5/23/10 8:21 a.m.

it's a soot shooter

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LLv3Wo6zrN7AX8dZy8t4pf0ATjgo8F4A7XAU6RjH7iV03L7AMJBDVnH8s0YoLRZ1