1 2 3 4
Moparman
Moparman New Reader
7/13/08 6:14 p.m.

I was autocrossing today in Bloomsburg, PA and my DSP Neon (and a few other smaller cars) became the object of scorn among locals with rusty trucks with Confederate flags (yes, confederate flags in PA.) THis is the first tiime in my almost 15 years of autocrossing that my car (I have always autcrossed small cars) has become the scorn of obeservers. Has the NASCAR-azation gone too far. Does most of the population thing that a 1969 Chevelle (a car I do like for what it is) is the epitome of automotive design? Is the end near? Talk me down!

Kramer
Kramer New Reader
7/13/08 6:17 p.m.

What does NASCAR have to do with a-holes?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/13/08 6:41 p.m.

http://nascarracist.ytmnd.com/ btw.. much bleeped cursing.. maybe some slipped through.. NSFW...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/13/08 7:00 p.m.
ignorant wrote: http://nascarracist.ytmnd.com/ btw.. much bleeped cursing.. maybe some slipped through.. NSFW...

Non-QT link (This one uses flash, yay |: | )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EfBObq9Z4uo

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/13/08 7:30 p.m.

gotta love nascar fans.

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
7/13/08 7:33 p.m.

Hilarious! Trouble is, it could soooo be real.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby was a documentary.

As for some random jerk dissing my car, I'm not driving it for their pleasure and I'm completely secure in my manhood. Ask 'em if theirs has a Hemi.

Moparman
Moparman New Reader
7/13/08 7:45 p.m.

Because in the rural area in which I live, if it is not a stock car or a muscle car it cannot possibly be raced. I take my Shelby Dakota to cruises, during conversations about my truck, my restoration comes up. None of my conversants habe ever heard of my KYB shocks, or my Yokohama Avid tires. Many of the "high performance" cars around me have Gabiel shocks and Jetzon tires.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/08 7:55 p.m.

wow... and you were not even driving an import

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/13/08 8:02 p.m.

It's ok.. to have them diss you all they want. They're slow through the cones. Slow on a road course. Slow on a rally stage...

bet they drink brawndo

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
7/13/08 8:39 p.m.

I was at a cruise here in the Detroit area a couple of years ago driving a WRX when an old hot rodder type came up and said "they shouldn't even allow cars like this here" and walked away. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion even if it is short sighted.

That's what I like about this forum.........everything and everybody is welcome.

Moparman
Moparman New Reader
7/13/08 9:27 p.m.

One group of three was driving away in their (lightened by rust) Ford Pick-up when they looked at my Neon on its trailer and said, sarcasticaly: "nice race car".

Is rust red-neck carbon fiber?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/13/08 9:42 p.m.

My story is nearly the other way around. The other day, my co driver was told that he was "wasting course time" in our 92 crown vic rally-x car. the guy was apparently from out of state, and ran in Rally Prepared All Wheel Drive.

so rather than a redneck making fun of a sportscar, it was a sportscar guy making fun of my redneck mobile.

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
7/13/08 9:46 p.m.

Rednecks like my car because they're moms have them...ricers like it because it's powered by Yamaha. :)

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
7/13/08 9:50 p.m.

Blow em off. You're a competitive autocrosser, and they've got rusty trucks. Why are you fretting? There are always haters, they aren't worth the effort.

MitchellC
MitchellC New Reader
7/13/08 10:00 p.m.

SHO Taurus?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
7/13/08 10:06 p.m.

Do what I do: 1) Ignore them 2) If 1 isn't working to well, avoid them. 3) If 1 and 2 aren't working use physical violence to prove to them you are superior or if outnumbered or outmanned continue to 3c.... 3c) Call cops

I usually just ignore asshats like that. Behavior like that is often a result of jealousy and ignorance. So be proud that they truly love you car, they just don't understand it.

I on the other hand have a short fuse sometimes, it can possibly lead to bad things, but I blame it on the fact that I'm half Mohawkian.

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
7/13/08 10:25 p.m.

yuppers :)

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
7/13/08 11:06 p.m.

I'm accustomed to dealing with people like that working at an autozone in maryland - I also have no qualms about pulling up to work in a smurf blue miata. Some people understand why I bought the car and others are a bit, maybe a few miles more, shallow.

skruffy
skruffy Dork
7/13/08 11:25 p.m.

Ignoring them can bring up the white trash battle cry:

"choo think yer better n me?"

I actually almost ended up in a fight with a guy in my miata when I ignored his comments about my manhood. He was so upset that I could care less what he thought. Was the first time I'd ever heard the battle cry. BTW, unless you're in a quick car and are poised for a fast getaway the answer isn't "yes".

TransMaro
TransMaro New Reader
7/13/08 11:38 p.m.

My favourite is:

Me: "Nice (insert vehcle here)!"

Guy: "Thanks!"

Me: "Pretty cool that your dad lent it to you!"

Works great, I had some poor guy really upset with me over it. Right before he got owned by a rusty old beater Trans-Am.

My car is like the Millenium Falcon, it may not look like much but it's got it where it counts ('scuse me, I geeked out for a minute there)..

Helps to throw the Speedway Motors dirt track catalogue at it.

As for NASCAR stickers, I love them. They're a great litmus test..

If you have a NASCR sticker anywhere on your vehicle or wear NASCAR merchandise I can guarantee that we will have nothing in common and I won't have to waste my time talking to you to learn that you're a complete idiot.

Shawn

Dorsai
Dorsai None
7/14/08 12:02 a.m.

Y'all oughta come live in Birmingham, Al. If it ain't NASCAR or the SEC, it ain't you-know-what.

TransMaro
TransMaro New Reader
7/14/08 12:05 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
ignorant wrote: http://nascarracist.ytmnd.com/ btw.. much bleeped cursing.. maybe some slipped through.. NSFW...
Non-QT link (This one uses flash, yay |: | ) http://youtube.com/watch?v=EfBObq9Z4uo

This is great!

I nearly wet myself!! "It's NASCAR not BLACKcar!"

AHAHAAHAH... Rednecks..

Shawn

Wowak
Wowak Dork
7/14/08 12:22 a.m.
ignorant wrote: bet they drink brawndo

Its got what plants crave.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan New Reader
7/14/08 5:46 a.m.

hmm, L.S.U. and Dale Jr. fan here. I thought the only hatred for the South (and anything right of Eleanor Roosevelt) was here inside the Beltway.

I'd imagine even bigots can spell grassroots, however.

Kramer
Kramer New Reader
7/14/08 6:10 a.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: That's what I like about this forum.........everything and everybody is welcome.

Except NASCAR fans...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KMyHglPZouv6jG3evkvh5SDXomPnAmEVTHf1irVJz7vpo2saZqnDx4ErdfsMB5XB