1 2 3 ... 5
TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
9/14/12 4:36 p.m.

I'm watching a Graveyard Carz "marathon" if three episodes is really a marathon and I'm wondering WTF is going on with this E36 M3ty show?

Three straight hours and they haven't turned a damned wrench ! ! ! ! !

All the actual "restoration" that got done was the short fat loud mouth spray bombing an UN-PRIMED valve cover with Chrysler Orange. I mean, a SPRAY BOMB rather than a gun and two part automotive engine paint ? ! ? ! ? !

If I paid these clowns for a restoration and my fuel line maybe came loose and wasked the damned paint off of my valve cover, I be back there with a two by four full of nails and be swinging it at they dumb-assed heads.

Really . . . I like Mopars as much or more than the next, but ruling off crash sites and playing with small motorized toys for hours at a time . . . what the berkeley kinda TV show IS this piece of crap ? ! ? ! ? ! ? It's insane, I mean really, it's just insane . . . .

TC

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
9/14/12 5:05 p.m.

Kill the TV! I love not having a clue about popular culture, serves me well.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/14/12 5:42 p.m.

never heard of it, but I appreciate the description. It gives me another thing to avoid.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
9/14/12 6:03 p.m.

Ya I watched about 15 minutes of one episode and they didn't even really mention Mopars. They were looking for pumpkins. I went to something else. I don't get it either.

NOHOME
NOHOME SuperDork
9/14/12 6:13 p.m.

The script for ANY reality show is pretty simple:

Pick any subject; gold, cars, flying,farming, home reno...whatever

Script in the witty dialouge:

"Time is running out"...Tempers are flaring" Commercial. Recap last "time is running out" or "temper is flaring" until the 1/2 hour is over. Cash cheque.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
9/14/12 6:31 p.m.

I love how the claim it's reality TV and therefore unscripted, but then move into talking about "characters". It's scripted, it's BS.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
9/14/12 6:50 p.m.

I have seen a bit of it. Very hard to watch. I didn't really watch it enough to see much car content, apparently there is not much to see anyway.

For whatever reason, I find the two main guys on there VERY unpleasant. Just they way they deal with people, not the least bit entertaining.... ugh.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
9/14/12 9:52 p.m.

I'm a pretty big Mopar guy. That show is unwatchable.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
9/14/12 11:14 p.m.

It is unfortunate. The fact that graveyard cars is recorded a few miles from my door and the people involved are part of the old guy cruisin' scene here has me a little more familiar with it than I like to admit.

The shop owner has been trying to get an auto restoration reality show on the air for almost a decade. After a dozen pilots it took stooping to this level to get picked up by a network.

The show is revoltingly terrible but now that it is on the air the people involved strut around like rock stars. bad news any way you look at it

Gasoline
Gasoline HalfDork
9/15/12 6:54 a.m.

I watched it last night too. Idiots going to the crash site etc. Talk, talk, talk. Agh, just build the damn thing.

It is a shame those Mopars are big big money $$$ cars. The research and provenance helps command the big price.

I am with you TC, not my kind of show.

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/12 1:05 p.m.

Every time I have turned on the show it is one dick trying to argue that the other guy is the bigger dick. News flash, you are both dicks. No thanks.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/15/12 1:07 p.m.

Time to troll.

If it is a "Reality Show" why are there writers in the credits?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/15/12 1:49 p.m.

I quit watching Discovery some time back mostly because of those damn chopper shows. I occasionally catch some Mythbusters but the rest is complete dreck. Honestly, now that the MB crew has some real money they act sorta douchey too, just not as bad as the rest.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/15/12 5:37 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I quit watching Discovery some time back mostly because of those damn chopper shows. I occasionally catch some Mythbusters but the rest is complete dreck. Honestly, now that the MB crew has some real money they act sorta douchey too, just not as bad as the rest.

And they are incorrect in their testing methods and conclusions quite often also.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
9/16/12 11:58 a.m.
benzbaronDaryn wrote: Kill the TV! I love not having a clue about popular culture, serves me well.

The last time I regularly watched TV, my three sons and I dream of Jeanie were in syndication as regular once a week shows. Both shows had great 60's Pontiacs on them....what's the problem...have things gotten worse in the 40 years I haven't been watching TV?

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
9/16/12 2:10 p.m.

I got rid of cable after 9/11 as it was too depressing to watch. Then my TV quit and I got rid of that so I just listen to tons of rightwing and liberal radio. Too many people try to live their lives vicariously through the TV.

I always call the TV a human salt lick, if it is there you are gonna lick it!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/16/12 2:57 p.m.

Never heard of it Thanks for the warning. Back to Nascar....

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/16/12 5:16 p.m.

I have to concur it is probably the worst show and it fails completely because of the people not the car part (because there really is none).

The title has huge potential. Hell get a half dozen of us nut cases from GRM and give us 2K and tell us we have to go get a car from a junkyard and restore it. Follow each restoration exploring the technical and logistics of the restoration of each car getting in to some details about the do's and don'ts and what to look for with the particular car and or some technical inside in to some of the tools and techniques used in the restoration. (keep the soap-opera stuff to a minimum) with a build budget of 30K. At the end the cars a judged by chip Foose. The winner keeps any one of the 6 cars built. The the other 5 are cars are auctioned off with all $$$$ going to charity. Make it a multy part show (say 6 or 7 episodes) with the judging and the auction the final episode.

If you have watched the show "Rides" Use that style and that commentator for the show.

I think I would watch it!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/16/12 5:29 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Time to troll. If it is a "Reality Show" why are there writers in the credits?

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/444/gossip

Chicago writer Rebecca Makkai bring us the story of a reality television producer attempting to gossip love into existence—and just how complicated that gets.
TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
9/21/12 10:44 a.m.

Well, for some horrible reason I surfed past this suck-assed show again last night looking for any new premiers that might be on, As I whisked on by the little fatty was in a go-kart . . . SO lame ! ! ! Looked like Magilla Gorilla in it. They're evidently STILL trying to figure out what a wrench actually does.

Just now Googled "graveyard carz sucks" and it seems that the entire world has spoken and agrees . . . .

PLEASE tell me these touch-holes have been cancelled ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ?

Oh, dean1484 . . . that's the best idea for a "reality show" yet ! ! !

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
9/21/12 10:53 a.m.

Slightly off topic:

I watched an episode of "Fast 'n Loud" this weekend; among other things, the guy sold a Willys gasser shell.

Found myself shouting at the TV "ITS PRONOUNCED 'WILLEES', NOT 'WILLIS' YOU BERKERS". Seriously, everyone on the show (announcer included) pronounced it Willis.

I'm not mistaken, am I?

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/21/12 10:57 a.m.

Actually, it is a decent show with a cast of characters straight out of the mental hospital.

Oh, and it got a second season worth of shows. So hate away haters.

failboat
failboat Dork
9/21/12 11:01 a.m.

What do you expect? They stuck a "z" on the end of the name. All the credibility goes straight out the window.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
9/21/12 12:38 p.m.

"Actually, it is a decent show . . . "

"Graveyard E36 M3 Z" or "Fast and Loud?"

If you mean Graveyard Ass-wipeZ, I believe that YOU'RE straight out of the mental hospital, or you're somehow involved with/know those turds on the show.

If "Fast and Loud" I totally agree, I love that show, and REALLY loved that Willis ! ! ! ! ! !

TC

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/21/12 12:46 p.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: Slightly off topic: I watched an episode of "Fast 'n Loud" this weekend; among other things, the guy sold a Willys gasser shell. Found myself shouting at the TV "ITS PRONOUNCED 'WILLEES', NOT 'WILLIS' YOU BERKERS". Seriously, everyone on the show (announcer included) pronounced it Willis. I'm not mistaken, am I?

Ive heard people argue it is indeed "willis" and they usually get really worked up about it. I have no idea what is correct but I know what people mean when they say either. Catsup/Ketchup. Whatever.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I0jeC4c8vd3cfuJ1xO2EZ1fesSN8rSpmSrNtp8fEpI0Y2cC02BPoTnnfsItCiw9A