1 2 3 ... 5
frankiedank
frankiedank New Reader
8/29/12 10:34 a.m.

I haven't seen an entry list at all of who will be attending the challenge this year, I could have missed it but I'm thinking of coming up to see it again this year and want to know what crazy or interesting things will be there.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
8/29/12 10:53 a.m.

There is this page, but no entry list so far.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/29/12 11:21 a.m.

I may show if my wife buys flight benefits this time round pending a few other things as well. Actually... Its looking kind if doubtful come to think of it...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
8/29/12 12:39 p.m.

Trying to talk Fit_is_slo, Anti-Stance and myself into going and spectating and lending a hand to anyone who needs help. Compensation will be BEER

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/29/12 4:22 p.m.

Hey Duke:

You're good with Bunnies, right?

Wanna put in a weekend on my GTI? I need to swap the suspension, and clean her up a bit.

But I WILL be there. Unfortunately, the turbo Caravan will not... until next year.

frankiedank
frankiedank New Reader
8/30/12 8:42 a.m.

So did the challenge fizzle out this year. Hey GRM is this the last year. Whats going on? Are the schools even participating this year.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/30/12 8:46 a.m.

I'll be there. Cutting it close on registration, haven't booked hotel yet, either. Worse comes to worst, i'll sleep in my car.

Gariathon is trying to get down there in his MX6 as well.

All i can promise is one flame-belching Mazda.

frankiedank
frankiedank New Reader
8/30/12 8:58 a.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/30/12 9:05 a.m.

Hotel booked but not registered yet. Planning to bring our Chumpcar but I am seriously questioning what it will look like after 14 hard hours at Sebring the weekend before. If we break it I don't really have anything else to bring but the Amazon. Been there, done that and I have done nothing to it since last year except some new shoes. Sponsor stickers are still on it though!

Bowenaero
Bowenaero New Reader
8/30/12 11:56 a.m.

Wreck Racing is coming

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/30/12 12:01 p.m.

I'll be there to spectate. Then again, it's only about 25 minutes away. No entry this year though.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/30/12 12:36 p.m.

On the fence.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/30/12 12:54 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Worse comes to worst, i'll sleep in my car.

There is a campground not far away that we used last year.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/30/12 1:00 p.m.

That could be fun... i still have camping gear.

Anyone else camping? Any who won't try to rape and/or murder me need a roomate?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
8/30/12 1:24 p.m.

I'll be there as part of the Cherokee XJ-R crew. Not sure what late night parking lot activities we have planned this time.

My own project (Shelby CSX) seems like it's years off from competing, but I'd like to make an appearance with it at a future event.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/30/12 1:39 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

Psolver1 and I may be camping. I'll let you know.

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
8/30/12 2:46 p.m.

I am not going even though I said so on the page listed above. mistaken click on cell phone...

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
8/30/12 4:04 p.m.

On the fence this year. Fixing the DD just killed all my spare time for the challenge car. It's going to be close. DD should be nearly back on the road this weekend. Just need to tweak some wiring on the challenge car and find a trailer.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased New Reader
8/30/12 4:27 p.m.

I am going, but I still need to find a car or get one of the two in the garage running again.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
8/31/12 5:35 a.m.

I will be there

sporqster
sporqster Reader
8/31/12 7:26 a.m.

Little Lamb-orghini will be there... hopefully I will have decent rims and tires on it, and it will be shifting out of second gear by then.

frankiedank
frankiedank New Reader
8/31/12 7:33 a.m.

sweet thanks for posting people.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/31/12 8:26 a.m.
frankiedank wrote: So did the challenge fizzle out this year. Hey GRM is this the last year. Whats going on? Are the schools even participating this year.

Challenge registrations are trundling along on their usual track. A lot of the entries for these events--a much larger proportion than with "normal" events--come in the final few weeks. It seems that getting a car bought and built for two grand really IS a challenge, and since people wait until they are reasonably sure the car is going to make it before they lay out their entry fees, they register at the last minute.

Even so, we still get quite a few "it done blowed up, won't be making it" emails in the days before the event.

Margie

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/31/12 8:34 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

I bet the last couple days right before are a flurry of last minute registration.

It is the same with any event that requires a lot of logistics, cost and prep. You never know if you will wreck or blow up "this" weekend or just run out of tire money between races... twice this season I've shown up in the paddock on the night before a race weekend and paid on the spot after working all day/night before to get a running race car (actually one of the times it was a trailer axle repair).

I know it drives the registrars nuts - but it's easier to wait then it is to cancel and if I never write the check - no one has to refund it at their own pace.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
8/31/12 9:02 a.m.

Call me Skip. I'm up to my eyes in a home remodeling project. Unfortunately it has already gone over the $2012 budget several times.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zHQsAXRUvQHYV6jXDqbCdpfzPP0pYVA1L9xUyoTQp4senOzAqSLEVTZqmkNe2I2w