1 2 3 4 5
Pat
Pat Reader
9/5/12 4:05 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Are you not comin' Pat?

Unfortunately, not this year. Decided I needed a break and spent this years "car time" beating up on the junk I already have instead of starting over on another build. I was pretty wiped out after the ScAries build and just didn't have the motivation to build something else...or the cash for that matter.

It's good to see people talking about the Challenge again. I'll be thrilled if there is a huge turnout, with lots of cool cars. I'm rooting for a few teams at this point but I'm not sure I'm ready to make a prediction on who is going to bring home the Kuhmos and the ebay cash just yet.

Pat
Pat Reader
9/5/12 4:07 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Are any of the other perennial front runners sitting this year out?

You guys aren't out....

Just sayin'

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
9/5/12 4:10 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

Did you get my PM?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/5/12 4:13 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Link to attendees so far I am going to come down and spectate, and hopefully help out some and have a blast. See ya there!

I think I owe you a beer!

You are always welcome in my pit area unless, of course, you want to work on a fast car!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/5/12 4:17 p.m.

Sweet, thanks! I look forward to having a beer with you and hanging out. I believe I owe you a beer also.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
9/5/12 4:55 p.m.

Will anyone be able to dethrone Evildky from his "Worst Attempt to Bribe the Judges" reign?

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
9/5/12 7:18 p.m.

we killed a bunch of hog this year but nothing worth stuffing

hrdlydangerous wrote: Will anyone be able to dethrone Evildky from his "Worst Attempt to Bribe the Judges" reign?
stan_d
stan_d Dork
9/5/12 7:19 p.m.

I will be there. Hope fully the car will be running Sunday.

I fired it up then started on the turbo. Hopefully it will see paint next weekend.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/5/12 7:29 p.m.

Is there an entry list somewhere?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/5/12 7:29 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Sweet, thanks! I look forward to having a beer with you and hanging out. I believe I owe you a beer also.

Are you trying to get me drunk? You know I'm a married man, right?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/5/12 9:26 p.m.
Texas A&M Racing wrote: ... At last dyno it had 250 torques and 220 hp at 5 psi boost...

Careful... as engineering students you can pick an enormous fight around here trying to use a "torque" as a unit of measure!

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
9/5/12 9:42 p.m.

I'll be there. it's gonna hurt a little financially since i'm back in school now but i can't go another year without a challenge weekend, just can't.

and seriously POOP you gotta come, it wouldnt be a challenge without you people!

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/5/12 9:47 p.m.

I'll be there for another year of observing and cheering. Someday I'll be a participant, probably with a miata that pulls duty as a $2k challenger, rallycrosser, and chump car racer.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/5/12 9:51 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: I'll be there for another year of observing and cheering. Someday I'll be a participant,

same here.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/5/12 11:26 p.m.
WilberM3 wrote: I'll be there. it's gonna hurt a little financially since i'm back in school now but i can't go another year without a challenge weekend, just can't. and seriously POOP you gotta come, it wouldnt be a challenge without you people!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
9/5/12 11:39 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: Did you get my PM?

Maybe... that goes to my work email, i need to change it. I'll see it in the morning.

Fixed the fueling on the MX6 an hour ago. Running a little richer now, pulls even harder, and i should be good to punt it another 8-10psi to get me in the 22-24 range. Did 60-80 in 5th gear in less than 2 seconds.

Trying to decide if i have time to throw on the meth kit or not to push a little bit more out of it.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
9/6/12 12:18 a.m.

I think I might make an appearance, but I don't think I'm going to hang around as much this year as in the past 2 years. At least I have a more comfortable car to sleep in this year, lol. I might even drive home.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
9/6/12 8:09 a.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: Will anyone be able to dethrone Evildky from his "Worst Attempt to Bribe the Judges" reign?

I completely forgot about bribes.

I had an idea that involved live lobsters, duct tape, and knives, but that was vetoed by other team members because it could be dangerous for the judges.

Back to the drawing board...

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/6/12 10:03 a.m.
turbojunker wrote:
poopshovel wrote: On the fence.
I only go because you guys go.

Awww. Feeling is totally mutual man. You are one of the funniest motherberkeleyers I've ever met!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
9/6/12 12:51 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
turbojunker wrote:
poopshovel wrote: On the fence.
I only go because you guys go.
Awww. Feeling is totally mutual man. You are one of the funniest motherberkeleyers I've ever met!

You know how I feel, HTFU MOTHERberkeleyER

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
9/6/12 1:32 p.m.

I'll be there (naturally).

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/12 9:39 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
Texas A&M Racing wrote: ... At last dyno it had 250 torques and 220 hp at 5 psi boost...
Careful... as engineering students you can pick an enormous fight around here trying to use a "torque" as a unit of measure!

and it makes you sound like berkeleying retards to real engineers. no smiley.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
9/6/12 9:42 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
SVreX wrote:
and it makes you sound like berkeleying retards to real engineers. no smiley.

QFT. Smiley at Angry.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/6/12 10:05 p.m.

I warned you!...

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/6/12 10:16 p.m.

Team Also Ran Racing (BradLTL, 93EXCivic, Psolver1, and Argo1) will be there with our nuclear powered 280Z.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8EbC28yF2EkMRaruC9Dkp03UtxOt403lHkv5hc7aYS97EkEENm2HhLiuifFukqTj