1 2 3 4 5
Pat
Pat Reader
9/23/12 4:57 a.m.

Not going has been driving me nuts...so, we're back in. Didn't build anything new, so the same car is coming back. Per already has my registration, vacation approved and hotel booked.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/23/12 7:07 a.m.
Pat wrote: Not going has been driving me nuts...so, we're back in. Didn't build anything new, so the same car is coming back.

Awesome! I love that car. Last year I was blown away by how good those fender flares looked.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/24/12 8:49 a.m.

Ok, so the Celica isn't coming...

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
9/24/12 9:40 a.m.
Pat wrote: Not going has been driving me nuts...so, we're back in. Didn't build anything new, so the same car is coming back. Per already has my registration, vacation approved and hotel booked. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Awesome, I really wanted to check out the ScAries last year in person but I wasn't able to make it.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
9/24/12 10:53 a.m.
Pat wrote: Not going has been driving me nuts...so, we're back in. Didn't build anything new, so the same car is coming back. Per already has my registration, vacation approved and hotel booked. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

...And with that announcement, my pick for overall win goes to you sir. Have fun!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
9/24/12 11:15 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr:

I was bummed to see that this weekend. Thanks a ton for the spare room, I know Tom and Rob put it to good use. I was wiped after not sleeping much the night before otherwise I would have come down for some drinks.

See you this weekend!

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/24/12 11:47 a.m.
Greg Voth wrote: I was wiped after not sleeping much the night before otherwise I would have come down for some drinks.

Dude, you looked wiped out. Limping and a big burn to boot! I really can't wait to get the engine out and figure out what went wrong. From the sound of it we had a bearing going but why so early?? We already have plans to pull out my '80 GLC and drop a 2.3/T5 drivetrain in it. Short wheelbase + ~200hp + a welded rear, sounds like fun to me!

I'm still on the fence for this weekend. I just hate coming without a car and I just don't see me getting one of my "potential" vehicles done in time.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
9/24/12 12:13 p.m.

NICE.

10 years ago, I never would have thought I would be looking forward to seeing a Dodge Aries, especially with box flares. Thanks GRM!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
9/24/12 1:00 p.m.

Turns out a shorted alternator is hot and concrete steps do not give way to a big toe. Given the coloring I think its broken, not that I can do anything about it either way.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/25/12 9:06 a.m.

If I was a betting man, I would bet on the ScAries to win. Good looking and Fast is a good combination. Looking forward to Thursday.

Pat
Pat Reader
9/25/12 12:13 p.m.
spin_out wrote: If I was a betting man, I would bet on the ScAries to win. Good looking and Fast is a good combination. Looking forward to Thursday.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I'm not holding my breath. While the car has definitely been a trooper, the old stuff used to build it in the first place is one year older today.

See you guys in a few days!

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/25/12 1:54 p.m.

I was going to drive after going on line to get my tickets.

$1,000 for a round trip per Preson Thats $3k for us to fly. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife wont let me drive this year. And I cant make it if I leave today. I have 800 miles of TX befor Im near FL. That is two days of driving and still In TX.

Im so mad I dont know what to do!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
9/25/12 2:25 p.m.

who drives 400 miles a day? Seriously? 800 miles, average 65mph = 12 hours. you could be there in 14-15 hours tops.

I'd love to roll that 900 miles from home to Gainesville, sadly I have to work.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
9/25/12 2:35 p.m.

I will be there for the first time.
I have agreed to take turns at windshield time in Mongo.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/25/12 3:03 p.m.
$1,000 for a round trip per Preson Thats $3k for us to fly. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm cornfused. You're shopping for tickets a WEEK in advance? Yeah, they're usually more expensive that way. Also: If you're pricing Gainesville, it's a tiny airport. Tiny = expensive. Try Tampa and Orlando. Oh, and if this is Johnny, HTFU MAN!!!

PhilStubbs
PhilStubbs Reader
9/25/12 3:21 p.m.

You can't fly in commercial to Gainesville. Your best bet would be Jacksonville then drive.

Anyone know if I can get an additional driver wristband Thursday night?

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/25/12 3:34 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Yea its me, Jonny Yugo My wife is in charge of travel this year. I did not know she had not booked the flight. Till last night. Thats all I can say and stay maryed.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/25/12 3:56 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla: That will only get me out of Texas With only 800 miles to Gainesvill

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
9/25/12 5:51 p.m.

We are on the way down right now with the Jeep! Driving through PA right now.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
9/25/12 11:06 p.m.

I'm realizing i should be sleeping since i need to be up in 6 hours to run a bunch of errands before i drive down to meet The Little Lamborghini.

I think i fixed my clutch... need to do 3-4 back to back pulls and see if it keeps holding.

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
9/25/12 11:28 p.m.

The Mazda seems to be doing well, I"m gonna see about a few suspected boost leaks, and clean it up, and pack my bags! Prolly gonna roll outta Sutton around 2-3am Thursday evening. Have a safe trip everyone, and if anyone has any trouble, I'm gonna be coming down I-77, I-95 is anyone has trouble or wants to cruise down along that route my number is 304-517-5245, just hit me up and I'll gladly stop and help.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
9/25/12 11:33 p.m.

I think this will be the 3rd Challenge in a row I've been sick for. At least this time I'll be getting over it before the Challenge instead of catching it at the Challenge like in years past.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
9/26/12 12:24 a.m.

I will be loading up thursday and leaving friday at 6 am for the grueling 80 mile drive to Gville. I feel for you guys that are making long treks. Good luck and be safe

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
9/26/12 6:37 a.m.

71 miles to Host Hotel Keg for us

PhilStubbs
PhilStubbs Reader
9/26/12 7:04 a.m.

80 miles? Pfffff, my drive is 90 miles. I'll be worn out when I get there

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lYEMhlOdHUly4di5rGRQCsmA0UWiPU1bCvmxNdjfATHgC9DgHsjFlR3vhWZa09ZL