spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
9/10/08 12:19 p.m.

Anybody have experience with the bed liner kits sold at K-Mart, Wal-mart etc? Stuff like Rubbermaid, Duplicolor and the like. I need to put something in the bed of my trusty old Nissan once I finsh treating the small rusty spots and I'd rather not drop a bundle on Linex or Rhinoliner. I've got other projects consuming my play money.

I would prefer something that is grey or could be tinted to match the truck (light blue), but if black is all there is, so be it.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
9/10/08 12:33 p.m.

Just don't get it on your hootus.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/10/08 12:41 p.m.

Whatever. "Studded" for her pleasure...although I guess it would end up more like sand paper, which would probably be less pleasurable.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/10/08 12:56 p.m.

I used Huerculiner in the tub of my Jeep. ~$100 kit and it came with everything you need.

sachilles
sachilles New Reader
9/10/08 12:57 p.m.

Prep work makes all the difference. You'll want to roll it on, and only use the spray for portions you had a tough time getting good coverage on. I used Duplicolor on my Jeep with good results, but having seen similar effort put in to herculiner, I would say herculiner is worth the extra money.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/10/08 1:35 p.m.

I've seen herculiner on many jeeps. I'd recommend it. Buy yourself a jug of xylene at the same time.

Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
9/10/08 7:15 p.m.

I used Duplicolor Bedliner on the inside tub of my 46 Willys, not bad but doesn't give that bumpy texture. I used Duplicolor rubberized undercoating on the bottom side, wouldn't recommend that.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/10/08 7:20 p.m.
Jax2A wrote: I used Duplicolor rubberized undercoating on the bottom side, wouldn't recommend that.

I will second that. that stuff is all show and no go.. like an airport stripclub.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x4OwMiAD7f0Paj7kADKl28795xKhRNjP99fF59wld7Icy62N1YaIaKCNvFpevFr7