1 2
Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/24/12 11:19 p.m.

I'd be really tempted to weld a piece of tubing onto the front upper control arms to make it basically a triangle with rose joints at the corners, rather than a "V" with rose joints at either end, same with the lower control arms. I'm sure they are sturdy enough, but for maybe 1/4 pound added weight per front wheel, I'd definitely consider it anyway. I'm assuming the pedal box is in between the mountings for the front control arms?

RicHerber
RicHerber New Reader
1/25/12 7:32 p.m.

Slyp, your talking about anti-intrusion bars. I can easily add them but they will not add any strength to the a-arms. I will definitely add them before I put the car on track at a track day. Thanks for the reminder.

RicHerber
RicHerber New Reader
6/29/14 2:05 p.m.

Long delayed update: After many revisions, this is the current configuration of the car. I'm happy with how it turned out and it runs very well. It now has paddle shifting and Venturi tunnels in the side pods, along with the humongous rear wing. Having said that, it is for sale in the classifieds. I think I just burned out after 3 years of work. The car runs great and requires virtually no maintenance, other than changing the oil, etc.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
6/30/14 12:40 p.m.

I'd be very interested in some sort of diary of your build or parts list in the event I'm ever able to seriously consider building my own version. If you have any plans or other documentation you'd be willing to part with for a reasonable amount of money please let me know. I'm 6'3" so I know I can't fit in yours...

RicHerber
RicHerber New Reader
7/1/14 10:20 p.m.

stroker: I didn't make a build log but you can gather a fair amount of information from this thread over on the locostusa site.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
7/2/14 8:11 a.m.

Thanks, Ric! Best of luck on the sale.

Next time you do a build, let us know, okay? :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lrgrz2DuUNeWXO4Zn2rgrgTEae7ljKxe4QdD7sNI3eAirQUbOp46JynBFgySrFGA