1 2 3 4 5
mancha
mancha New Reader
4/28/15 2:24 p.m.

Just an FYI, I picked up a cheap PS3 specific Bluetooth headset on sale at Target for $17. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/28/15 2:38 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: Doesn't have one. Every car in the game is bought through the dealership. Unless you win them in the seasonals.

Well that sortof takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?

And explains why the dealership is such a pain in the ass to navigate.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/28/15 2:58 p.m.

I'll be trying to join in on this in the near future. It looks awesome!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/15 4:26 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: I'll be trying to join in on this in the near future. It looks awesome!

Send friend requests when you get a chance to me and Aircooled. I am hosting this Wednesday (Air usually hosts Wednesdays) If you want to drop in and watch you are more than welcome.

dean1484
4/28/15 4:28 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Nick_Comstock wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: Doesn't have one. Every car in the game is bought through the dealership. Unless you win them in the seasonals.
Well that sortof takes the fun out of it, doesn't it? And explains why the dealership is such a pain in the ass to navigate.

Ya there are a couple of things in GT5 that did not make it over to GT6. The used car lot is one and you can not do shuffle races any more on line. Kind of why I put the 432 series together. But the tire physics are much better and the handling of many of the cars over all is much better / real.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/28/15 4:59 p.m.

The used car lot was fun in a game sort of way, but it's also nice to get any car you want at any time.

If you are having issues navigating the Dealership, try using the Search function on the top level menu, it is very useful for finding cars many times, especially if you are looking for a PP range.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/28/15 8:19 p.m.

I also miss the used wheel shop from GT4, allowing you swap any other oem wheel onto your car.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
4/28/15 9:02 p.m.
failboat wrote: I also miss the used wheel shop from GT4, allowing you swap any other oem wheel onto your car.

That was a great feature. I wish it carried over to 5 and 6.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/28/15 9:47 p.m.

Some of the conversation on this thread seems familiar...

dean1484
4/28/15 10:18 p.m.

Wait.. ARGO!!!!!!!!!!

Where you been hiding. Hell who cares just glad to see you post up!

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/29/15 6:56 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Been in Europe. Just back. Between Portugal, Spain, Italy, and the U.K. I think I've seen almost every obscure little car in GT6. I've also found that the Smart Car appears to be breeding in Rome. I think if we organized a spraying we could probably wipe out the species.

dean1484
4/29/15 7:03 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: In reply to dean1484: I've also found that the Smart Car appears to be breeding in Rome. I think if we organized a spraying we could probably wipe out the species.

Almost coffee out the nose with that one.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
4/29/15 8:33 a.m.

Working through my license's. Hope to be spectating next Wednesday, unless you want to run '88 Accords :P.

Ai and tire models are much better than gt5.

dean1484
4/29/15 9:27 a.m.

Make sure you send me a friend request "dean1484" and one to "allaircooled" I typically host the Sunday races and Air hosts the Wednesday races. I will be hosting tonight due to air having a prior commitments. even if you don't race come watch. Hell get something close to the PP of the vets and use the same tires and join in the race.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
4/29/15 11:54 a.m.

When do things get started, eastern time?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/29/15 11:57 a.m.

I'm going to try to have online unlocked in time to watch.

dean1484
4/29/15 12:52 p.m.
Fr3AkAzOiD wrote: When do things get started, eastern time?

I am usually on by 8:00 eastern or so typically qualifying starts at 9:00. Usually 10 min or so for qualifying then we go race. With there being no real way to qualifying (we will line up by season point standings) we will probably run practice till a bit after 9:00. The bug race is going to take a while. 15 min or so??? each race so we will be done with that by 9:45 then the Vett races. Probibly run a 10 min warm up for the vets then start the races. those should be 10 min or less races so if I keep a tight ship time wise we should be done by 10:15 eastern. After that we usually mess around and test things and run 2-3 lap races while testing other cars. Most people bail out by 11:00 (I try to but get sucked in to the "just one more" some times) .

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
4/29/15 1:42 p.m.

Cool, will send invites when I get home, still haven't unlocked online but hoping I can get online by 9 or 10.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/29/15 3:20 p.m.

With spool having locked the championship up in the vettes the battle is for second place between myself and sauce. Should be very interesting, only separated by one point goin into the last race.

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
4/29/15 3:37 p.m.

I got both the vett and bug last night. Still some work to do on the bug. I will probably be last but I will be in.

And I may have a headset I can use. If SWMBO will let me steal hers.

dean1484
4/29/15 3:56 p.m.

COOL!!!!! There is a tune for the bug in the other thread that is a decent starting point.

Espartan
Espartan New Reader
4/29/15 9:43 p.m.

What license do I need to get to play online? Am I just really rusty, or is the racing line shown on the tracks wrong a bunch of the time?

Edit: Figured out I can turn it off! Thanks Swank! This game is awesome.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/29/15 10:09 p.m.

National A is needed for online, and yes, the racing line rarely takes into account more than one corner at a time.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
5/4/15 7:00 a.m.

I actually did well last night. I don't race online very often.

dean1484
5/4/15 7:35 a.m.

Mr_Clutch you were rite in the mix of things!!!!

We had a great practice last night. Lots of fun car. Argo's car choices for the SSS series I think is going to work out well. The small bore series (pre 72 under 2.0l) with a power to weight ratio limit I think is going to be a huge bit of fun.

More testing this Wednesday. Air (Allaircooled on PS3) will be hosting so make sure people send friend requests to him.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MdOn9T1fa1WwkvWPUv53LM9ZuJEniESXtJGkUcLsGVF8dbbIIbChRIShjhP4CJg5