1 ... 3 4 5
enginehelp
enginehelp New Reader
7/8/20 1:17 p.m.

WNBA Salaries are E36 M3 so the players can't train full time and focus on training and being more awesome.  And because of that maybe the game isn't that good.  And because of that it doesn't bring in the $.  And because of that, their salaries are E36 M3.  Full circle.*

That is possible. I think it's a chicken and egg thing. Maybe it's worse because they get paid elss or maybe they get paid elss because it's worse. I don't know if one or the other is correct. However, it only bring in $25 million ot the NBA's $7.4 BILLION. And I think we can both agree the WNBA will never be the phenomenon that the NBA is whether that's becasue they are worse or because they are paid less and that makes them worse

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some viewers who will always claim that women are less interesting to watch.  Those are probably the same douchebags that make claims like "girls" aren't funny and don't watch comedies with female leads.

ALWAYS being the keyword there. Thinking that the WNBA is less interesting to watch isn't douchebaggery, thinking that ALL female sports and anything a women does is less interesting is, but me thinking the WNBA is boring doesn;t make me a douche

Disclaimer:  I haven't watched a sportsball game in probably > a decade, nor do I care to.  

Lol fair enough

enginehelp
enginehelp New Reader
7/8/20 1:18 p.m.

In reply to tremm :

You don't even have to fit in as long as you don't try to hurt the community or be a dick

bruceman
bruceman Reader
7/9/20 9:02 p.m.

I tried reading through the Open Letter a few weeks ago but stopped because I felt uncomfortable. Came back to it today to challenge myself and read through it. Most motorsports events I attend are with old white guys like me but I welcome diversity and will seek out  and introduce myself. This will take courage on my part but is what I can do to cause change 

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/10/20 12:59 p.m.
bruceman said:

I tried reading through the Open Letter a few weeks ago but stopped because I felt uncomfortable. Came back to it today to challenge myself and read through it. Most motorsports events I attend are with old white guys like me but I welcome diversity and will seek out  and introduce myself. This will take courage on my part but is what I can do to cause change 

Thank you. Every little bit helps. 

I'm gay and rather uh... heteronormative? and was uncomfortable around people who have more flamboyant personalities than myself, for the longest time. Talk about a journey of self-acceptance! I was also a little uncomfortable around trans folx until I made friends with several. That discomfort came from having a lot of questions (which were solved via Google and one awesome late-night chat with my one friend) and the obvious concern of slipping up on pronouns (or name, in one case of a high school friend who transitioned recently). If you're not sure on pronouns, you can always ask - that's a respect thing, not an embarassment thing. 

And keep in mind, we're all here for the cars and competition and whatever else. Just perhaps with an occasional loud yassss honey coming from across the paddock ;-)

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/10/20 2:24 p.m.

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

nobody has ever been insulted when i have asked "may i ask what your pronoun is?"

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/10/20 2:38 p.m.
bruceman said:

Thanks for posting this. 

SavageHunter11
SavageHunter11 New Reader
7/13/20 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Nope, I couldn't care less. I'm there for cars. It's when the poster boards and chanting groups show up that I start drawing lines. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/13/20 3:06 p.m.
SavageHunter11 said:

In reply to Duke :

Nope, I couldn't care less. I'm there for cars. It's when the poster boards and chanting groups show up that I start drawing lines. 

Then we should both be cool with the OP, because near as I can tell, there was no mention of demonstrations.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ec8QaECKbNczegVWFY5QC13TZ8R7rwndd73bqXRVcYtUHVkHJeJtVS1YCy1L7L6p