1 2 3 ... 5
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Event Marketing
11/15/13 4:25 p.m.

If so, please email me at Tom@GrassrootsMotorsports.com.

Posts on this thread aren't guaranteed to come up in our discussion, but emails to me are. Thanks!

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
11/15/13 6:18 p.m.

Make it on a day when it doesnt rain? Hahaha

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
11/17/13 6:06 a.m.

there is a host hotel? hyperfest has 15 k people attending . We got a place to stay ?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
11/17/13 7:17 a.m.

I figured out that it's the weekend of June 7-8 but is it Friday-Sat like before or Sat Sun?

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
11/17/13 8:04 a.m.

other than there may be a chance I may be a competitor this time.

wrongwheeldrive
wrongwheeldrive Reader
11/17/13 9:17 a.m.

I hear event location is changing. This is good news for me and several people I know.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
11/17/13 1:21 p.m.

Hyperfest looks like a great event, but I'm not sure where they have room to squeeze us in:

http://www.hyper-fest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/v1Hyper_Fest_map_schedule_2013_V2_cjc.pdf

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
11/17/13 2:17 p.m.

Email sent

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/17/13 3:29 p.m.

I hope you can structure it to be as family friendly as you have successfully done so far.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/17/13 3:32 p.m.

hyperfest is family friendly ... they even have Asian school girls prancing around.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/17/13 3:47 p.m.

Do you mean that many new families originate there??

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
11/17/13 4:51 p.m.

I'd guess they're trying to grow the readership into a younger demographic than the 43 year old median. Hyperfest has a DareDevil Challenge (which they describe as being fear factor like) a girls of hyperfest bounce contest (putting on a tyvek jumpsuit and jumping around in an inflatable structure...probably a kids' bouncy castle) and a daisy dukes contest (with lots of booty shaking). Sounds like the overall event is aimed at flatbillers or the HIN crowd.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/17/13 5:07 p.m.

Lol-I still remember how up in arms the readership got over the harness ads with girls in nothing but harnesses. :D

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/17/13 5:25 p.m.

I asked Jonny Pruit at the Challenge about that picture.

He told me it's a bouncy ball.

I told him, no it's not... it's three.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/17/13 7:22 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
I asked Jonny Pruit at the Challenge about that picture. He told me it's a bouncy ball. I told him, no it's not... it's three.

ZING!

Hyperfest does have some, um, more "youth oriented" aspects of it, but you also have to remember it's also a major NASA race. So while there may be a few extra neck tats roaming around, they'll be kept busy with their things in their area while we do our thing in ours. I think Summit Point also geographically lends itself to multiple events like this, and I think it will provide good separation and a good variety of flavors all over the property. I'm trying to think of it like a mall. I'll never set foot in the Abercrombie & Fitch, but I'll be hanging out over at the Radio Shack or in the Sears tool department.

jg

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
11/17/13 8:05 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: I'm trying to think of it like a mall. I'll never set foot in the Abercrombie & Fitch, but I'll be hanging out over at the Radio Shack or in the Sears tool department.

That's OK....we're both too full figured for abercrombie's tastes

BTW, I want to reiterate....I said "grow the readership into a younger demographic".....I never thought you guys were abandoning us old farts....just that you're trying to attract new ones.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
11/17/13 9:40 p.m.

Ratshack lost me when they stopped carrying 555 timers in my local store.

I've let a few people with whom I have wanted to build a Challenge car know about the change, and it looks like I can actually get a team together. All 20-somethings, none of them interested in the Challenge in its current location. Just saying "Hyperfest" made their pants a bit tighter.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/18/13 7:11 a.m.

i may have just rolled out of bed, and my eyes are half open, but is there a dragstrip nearby?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/18/13 7:23 a.m.

In reply to patgizz:

I believe there is one about 30 minutes away and both Pat and Andy seemed excited about the location so it must be a good one.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
11/18/13 8:09 a.m.

Closest dragstrip to Summit that I'm aware of is Mason Dixon dragway in Boonsboro, MD.

I'm pretty excited for the challenge to be in my neck of the woods, wish it wasn't on Hyperfizzy weekend, but what are you going to do? Should be great for mag exposure and bringing some new competition into the mix.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
11/18/13 8:17 a.m.

So, are you guys getting the Shenandoah circuit for the Challenge since the Lemons guys aren't there next year? I imagine paddock space might be an issue.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
11/18/13 8:55 a.m.

So the $20xx challenge is moving to Summit Point? Thats a dream come true for me! I'll bet you'll see a lot of new faces . I better get to work!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/18/13 9:33 a.m.

ohhhh, I could actually make that!

Suite!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
11/18/13 9:35 a.m.

So, are you doing an autocross there? I kind of heard that the skidpad area (where most auto-xes there take place) is like an ice rink, even in the dry...

Or is the autocross changing to laptime around the Shenendoah?

Thats rigt in my backyard! might need to pull some friends together for this...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/18/13 9:38 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver:

They said that the event would be running around Shenendoah maybe coned down.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n0DgrpYuLc7LFJC7g5MMb8GNKpIFs74zrKTaJ6Q7uB3dtk0ltkLInybMOvnhvpdB