That's the cat's meow!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/15 5:42 p.m.

Nice!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/23/15 5:58 p.m.

From a guy who loves Mercedes. You did right. An XJ-R will treat you right and it's just so damn beautiful. It's one of the most handsome things out of Europe, right behind Edward Wilding.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
7/23/15 6:15 p.m.

Well done! Choosing the Jag over the Merc reminds me of the Gone in 60 Seconds quote..."You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur."

I have always loved that body style. A timeless design that really never stopped looking as good as it did when new. Eventually I will own a V12 Jag. If not one of those, my wife loves the XJS. Hopefully we can fit a large gas guzzler into our lifestyle before the prices on well maintained ones go nutty.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
7/23/15 6:23 p.m.

Beautiful. I think that's the better choice than the merc

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/23/15 7:02 p.m.

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty happy so far.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/15 7:24 p.m.

Beautiful! Great choice there. I have lusted after that body style myself.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/23/15 7:40 p.m.

Ooh, you have the leather-covered shift surround. Every other XJR I see seems to have it. Mine does not. Hmm.

Okay, am I allowed to show off my own now since we're like a little club? :-D

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
7/23/15 7:49 p.m.

I'd take that Jag over any Merc every day of the week.

Now start practicing a Brit accent and dressing like Liam Neeson.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/23/15 8:19 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: I'd take that Jag over any Merc every day of the week. Now start practicing a Brit accent and dressing like Liam Neeson.

"It's good to be bad."

m4ff3w
7/23/15 9:30 p.m.
Lugnut wrote: Okay, am I allowed to show off my own now since we're like a little club? :-D

Beautiful! BRG is the proper color, certainly. I saw some nice ones in other lighter shades, but they just didn't look nearly as good as BRG or blacked out.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/23/15 9:31 p.m.

Yeah, I love your blacked out window trim. Is it painted or otherwise colored, or OEM EU blacked out trim?

m4ff3w
7/23/15 9:55 p.m.
Lugnut wrote: Yeah, I love your blacked out window trim. Is it painted or otherwise colored, or OEM EU blacked out trim?

Oh wow, I didn't realize that wasn't stock. I just went out and looked, it really does look factory.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/15 9:56 p.m.

You will look like a proper villain in that car.

m4ff3w
7/23/15 10:00 p.m.

Oh yea, other than GRM - what's going to be my best bet for a forum for it?

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/24/15 7:51 a.m.

Not a huge internet presence for these cars. Jaguar Forums X308 forum

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
7/24/15 9:51 a.m.

You can also try the "modern" section of jag-lovers.org. I don't know how useful it is, though.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/24/15 9:55 a.m.

Modern is read-only. There is an X300 section, some of which will pertain to our cars, but mostly, not. Plus that site is impossible to navigate. It is archaic. If you're working on an E-type or a Mk X, sure, there are experts a-plenty. They don't care about fuel injection and computers. (In my experience)

m4ff3w
7/27/15 7:18 p.m.

I gotta say, I'm digging this car alot.

Very hoon-able, especially so with the trac-control off and trans in Sport mode.

Wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
7/27/15 7:39 p.m.

Pictures?? What year is it ?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
7/27/15 8:47 p.m.

I have serious Jag envy right now.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
7/27/15 9:06 p.m.

Heading to craigslist in 3, 2,

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/28/15 5:05 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote: I gotta say, I'm digging this car alot. Very hoon-able, especially so with the trac-control off and trans in Sport mode. Wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

It was until I put the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on mine. Now I have so much grip I have to really work it to do proper donuts.

That being said, there is a certain mall parking lot with several large black double circles nearby...

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
7/28/15 5:06 p.m.

Oh, yeah... What year IS it? Mine is a '98 - first year for the V8.

m4ff3w
7/28/15 7:30 p.m.

Mine is a 2001.

So far I've repaired/replaced: Cooling fan 2 coolant bleed pipes

I also hacked an Aux input into the CD changer

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4D6o3dUq6a3yfzhrwvAxEL7vklr1Wx0IcTXLlUKgQ2SjpiljDrx2IAg7Bb5yYaRp