dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/19/08 8:05 p.m.

I have been thinking of replacing the pop up units in my 924s with these units.

More info here: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

From the description it looks to be a significant upgrade from the standard 7" round sealed beam units that I have. I would also loose about 30 Lbs from the nose of my car by getting rid of all the stock headlight stuff. I also like the price. IT looks like I can get it done for less than $150 a side. This would include making up some acrylic covers and the mounting hardware as well as adding in relays and running dedicated fused power to the nose of the car.

Here is a set that were installed in a 968. He installed High beams only as his car is track only. But you get the idea

I have put a tape measure to my car and they would fit with out any problem

And one of the car just because I really like it!

More on the car can be found here: http://www.968turbo.com/car.htm

My question is has anyone here used these? Eliminating the pop up headlights in my car would be a plus and getting rid of 30lbs would be even better. I am not expecting HID type lighting but this looks like a very good upgrade from the old 7" pop up sealed beam units I have.

dean1484
5/21/08 7:17 a.m.

Nobody? I thought I say some one installing these (or something like them in the F body) I had a link to it but with the other board gone referencing it is a bit difficult.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/08 7:23 a.m.

I have a set of lows.. still waiting to get the highbeams.. I was going to use them in place of the eurobeams on my bimmer.

As far as I have gotten yet.. I have light them up though.. NICE pattern, Very flat, very little glare upwards.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/08 7:33 a.m.

No experience with them, I was trying to find a set of them on the cheap (lows only) to use when modifying the Merkurs headlamps (factory globes with the Hellas cut into the rear)

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
5/21/08 11:24 a.m.

the subaru guys i was talking to when i had an impreza spoke very highly of them. and these were those nutters 8 rally lights on hood and nose bars type so i tend to trust them.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
5/21/08 1:01 p.m.

Sweet, I use them, I love them. They hold up to the elements pretty damn well too. I didn't delete my pop ups on the trans am, just integrated them into the pop up. Here are some pics. I need to take them apart and fix the cutoff shield. Something is wrong in the passenger side one.

dean1484
5/21/08 4:26 p.m.

Do you have any photos looking out the windshield at night?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/08 8:10 p.m.

I am surprised you did not do the high beam too

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
5/22/08 12:13 a.m.

I'll get some pics for you. I didn't do the high beam because of costs and no use for them. With these things have HID and HID in the fog lights really no need for the high beams.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1dRDKBkRimXldiQlaWXxNvypJp0KFaB4m6nHzrHIPPbuD65cKTBFalGn5FydJdnT