ascott
ascott GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/9/24 11:15 p.m.

I know the brain trust here can help me. I need a make and model  and year range for this moron that decided to run over my yard sign. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/24 11:54 p.m.

Early 90s Corolla?

Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/24 12:16 a.m.
ascott
ascott GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/10/24 12:30 a.m.

The Best! Thanks!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/10/24 2:32 a.m.

Make your yard sign great again...

Build back, better.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
10/10/24 6:59 a.m.

It's not right, running over people's property.

But I gaze at these yard signs with amusement. I mean, what really is the purpose? A yard sign is going to get someone to change their vote? It's pretty much the same as putting a sports team flag out there. "Go Packers!"  Okay, so you like the Packers. Good for you. No one cares.

My neighbors and passers-by have no idea who I'm voting for because it's none of their business. And that way, I don't get caught up in the endless vandalism. But, free speech, so you do you, and I'll support that aspect despite my belief yard signs are silly and pointless.

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
10/10/24 12:16 p.m.
ddavidv said:

It's not right, running over people's property.

But I gaze at these yard signs with amusement. I mean, what really is the purpose? A yard sign is going to get someone to change their vote? It's pretty much the same as putting a sports team flag out there. "Go Packers!"  Okay, so you like the Packers. Good for you. No one cares.

My neighbors and passers-by have no idea who I'm voting for because it's none of their business. And that way, I don't get caught up in the endless vandalism. But, free speech, so you do you, and I'll support that aspect despite my belief yard signs are silly and pointless.

My dad argues politics on the Internet. Gets all hot under the collar. 

Asked him how often he's changed his mind based on those "debates"? How often you reckon the other guy changes his mind based on your impassioned shouts into the void?

Suspect the roadside signs and the internet yelling both approach zero when asking about their "effectiveness" at influencing votes. But, whatever blows your skirt up. I fill my yard space with project cars and boats. No room for signs. cheeky

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
10/10/24 12:24 p.m.

I cannot show my support for my side because of this.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/24 12:37 p.m.

Don't forget the Geo Prizm variant of that car. Isn't there a third one as well?

I don't understand this kind of vandalism. So you don't agree with the sign, this isn't painting your side in a positve light.

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
10/10/24 12:56 p.m.
iansane said:

Don't forget the Geo Prizm variant of that car. Isn't there a third one as well?

I don't understand this kind of vandalism. So you don't agree with the sign, this isn't painting your side in a positve light.

Logic, in political rhetoric/action?!

Come on, now. That's not acceptable. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/24 1:13 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

Came here to say that. The Prizm part, at least. I'm all for vandalism though. /joke

EDIT: man, though, just look at the greenhouse on that thing. You can see everything everywhere for miles

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/10/24 1:30 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

I cannot show my support for my side because of this.

As I told my Kids, as long as I got up and went to work life was good under 

Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump, etc. I don't see "sides" and really don't care what anyone's politics are.

Can we have interesting conversation and enjoy a beer together? If Yes, then let's do that.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/10/24 2:14 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Make your yard sign great again...

Build back, better.

How many of those signs on both sides will end up in a landfill after the election?

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
10/10/24 2:22 p.m.

In college we'd use them for target holders at the range and THEN they went to landfill. So, at least they got two lives. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/10/24 2:49 p.m.
P3PPY said:

EDIT: man, though, just look at the greenhouse on that thing. You can see everything everywhere for miles

I miss that so much.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZrIf9ObaAMYxzYlBvstShTTk1DJX0XZ1lSzxFSKnrh0r5kZBlUXJ6AGyahdmGIu5