1 2 3
bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/14/21 6:19 a.m.

Glad the trip back went ok. Good meeting you. Maybe we will run into each other at a track this summer. 

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
4/14/21 10:58 a.m.

Now that I have had some shut eye, a few thoughts and follow up pics.

First of all I really can't thank bmw88rider enough for the deals he offered on top of the extras he kicked in for no extra charge. It made all of the expenses of the trip even more worth it. I do hope we run into each other at some future events and catch up again. I owe you a few beverages of your choic for sure.

I don't think it was mentioned before, but this was my first time to Colorado. I want to make it back for sure as I didn't really get to spend much time there.

Besides the roll bar and seat previously mentioned, I also scored some LRB undertray bits, various hoses, a new set of eccentric hardware, some used DTC-50 pads, and the list goes on. I'm a few bits of hardware away from party time on the track.

As for the remainder of the trip, the last three hours were rain in various stages. Leading up to that was uneventful. Lots of tumbleweeds leading into Kansas. Tons of wind turbines.

Audiobooks really made the time fly. I found this out my last few trips to Heartland as a suggestion from my wife. It really engages you in ways music just can't mentally without being too distracting from the whole driving thing. Podcasts are another option, but I find most are a mixed bag of people talking over each other about stuff I don't want to hear.

Luckily I parked in a covered zone at Tulsa airport, so transferring everything to the A3 hatch was a breeze. It was pouring when I swapped everything over and everything fit without issue.

A few pics I didn't post.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zJzpRqacOEVCypH5afR4jRA44LCf7GM4xzrW3sYlzHlgRf3YN7CEQ639ekUk7bUM