1 ... 3 4 5
Spearfishin
Spearfishin Reader
7/12/24 11:44 a.m.
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) said:

It strikes me that a lot of the things that people complain about are the things that become second nature after you've owned the car for about a week.  Shifters, etc.

I've rented a bunch of Model 3's and I mostly liked them.  The one thing I couldn't get past was wind noise around the driver's side window, which was consistent in all of my rentals.  It may be that I notice it more because there's no motor noise drowning it out, or it may be something fundamental to the design.  Either way it drove me crazy.

Wife's GSW has what I'd call excessive wind noise at the top/front of the doors/windows. She says she barely notices. I've pondered similar scenario: is it really that in my F150 I put most of my miles on that everything is just noisy at 75mph, and in her car, the engine and "road noise" are just comparatively quieter, so wind noise stands out?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/24 11:48 a.m.

In reply to Spearfishin :

I did do some decibel measurements on my car when I got it, although I forget the specific readings. It did confirm that they are pretty quiet overall, so stuff that's usually in the background (tires, wind) plays a greater role.

I've seen the same thing in NA Miatas. People claimed that the hardtop didn't cut down on noise in the interior, but then I noticed that I had to turn the radio volume up when I had the soft top up instead of the hardtop.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cOXBUkfKZFbyTyUmkTDjjkQc0OHHIuSjOkdHGPZs6fdPPi2zT46Ke6NEqWLQj2VS