1 2
Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
5/15/23 6:28 p.m.

Since 1988, I have always had at least one EF in my garage.  Mostly CRXs...one bought new.  Sometimes as many as three.  Right now, two.  One K-swap, and one B-swap.

I did a bone stock '91 Civic Si to 200,000 miles with oil changes and brake pads and one set of wheel bearings.  and my commute home at that time required a 100mph blast just to remember I was alive.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/2/23 8:22 a.m.
frenchyd said:

My wife's CRX  is a decade old with only one  minor repair. 
    The early Honda Civics  I sold were cars that changed the automotive landscape. Due to the low price  reliability was astonishingly unexpected.  Handling and sporty ness was another unexpected bonus.  

frenchy

Where did you find a 2003 CRX?!

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/2/23 2:05 p.m.

I took this yesterday at a RallyCross. Some ppl are still enjoying theirs :)

RallyCaddy
RallyCaddy GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/3/23 7:56 p.m.

A club member sold me a riced 91 CRX some years back. It was a lot of work to put it all back but worth it. It's a backup DD now and also my backup RX car. It won the SCCA RX Nats in 2022 in PF. Always getting WTB messages. I almost never see one on the road. Loving it. Keeping it. A/C is still cold.

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/4/23 10:06 p.m.

I enjoyed my GS-R for years and did a lot of different Motorsports with it as it became less and less of a daily driver.  Shouldn't have sold that one!  I still pine for high revving fun engines like that B18.

k20a2DC2
k20a2DC2 New Reader
10/22/23 11:31 p.m.

I've never owned anything but Honda Acura's I never got to race any but my last one was my plan to race unfortunately my 1996 Acura Integra k20a2 swapped car was totaled last Saturday evening. I was to have it painted and the cage installed and painted in the process. So now I'm stripping it down salvaging what I can to swap into another Integra shell that was one of my buddies whose parents gave to me as he was in an accident with a motorcycle and passed away a year ago. SO im build it to his specs that I remember and make it the best track car I can.  I do have a 2002 Acura RSX Type-s I'm trying to get going which is my new street car. and 2008 Civic sedan as well. 

jmhonnold
jmhonnold New Reader
10/23/23 12:33 a.m.

A little late to this party, but I thought I would chime-in.  I bought a CRX Si from the showroom in 1990, and I still have it.  It has about 155k miles, and replaced the timing belt multiple times.  Still on the original clutch, but it is showing signs of wear.  I don't drive it much since I am afraid someone might steal it, but it is still fun and has been very reliable.  No rust as of yet since it has been garage kept most of its life.  I have thought about selling it, but thus far it has been difficult to part with.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/23 6:55 a.m.

In reply to k20a2DC2 :

Yikes! Glad you're OK. I'm curious about the safety of the DC2-do you know how fast your were going when impact occured? Any thoughts on how the car took the hit?

jddeadfuelpumps
jddeadfuelpumps New Reader
10/28/23 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Placemotorsports :

Same here, my friend. Although mine may have been a 1990-I'm not sure, but I think they're exactly the same. I even had the budget engine swap: the twin cam 1.6 without VTEC. For a short time I had another EF, but it was the range topping (ex?) 4 dr Civic. A different thing, but still so sublime to live with and use. We'll never see anything like them again, and I gave them up way too flippantly.

Bfrance
Bfrance GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/1/24 4:05 p.m.

Of all of the cars I've owned, I miss my '88 Crx Si the most.  I'm seriously considering finding a clean golden-era wishbone Honda to put in my garge and keep until I am too old and feeble to drive.

TheTick58
TheTick58 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/2/24 4:27 p.m.

I bought an '88 CRX Si brand new, silver, loved that car.  Owned it till I got married.  3 people, even small ones just don't fit in a CRX.

Years (and the marriage) went by, I bought another '88 CRX Si (this one yellow) as my "Drop out of society and go back to school" car.  This one had some rust, but it was fun/cheap transportation.  I even towed a small trailer and a dirtbike.  It was my first autocross car too.  Loved that car   Went back to school, met my current wife, eventually sold it when I couldn't jack it up anymore (did I say it had some rust?).

A few more years go by, I bought a '91 CRX Si (red) this time.  Turned it into my "serious" autocross car.  Drove it hundreds of miles to events, put over 500 autocross runs on it.  Loved that car  Sold it to a fellow autocrosser when I found a....

'88 CRX Si (this one red).  Turned that into my seriouser autocross car.  Put over 1500 autocross runs on that one.  Not much of a street car after applying all the "seriousness", so it mostly lives on a trailer.  Loved that car.  Put it on the shelf when I decided to try a higher horsepower Miata (see "Who thinks an EcoBoost Miata" thread in the build section of this very website).  Played with the Miata for several years, and just sold it last weekend. 

So now what?  Well, I could never bring myself to sell the seriouser CRX, so time to dust it off again and have some more fun!  I LOVE THAT CAR!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mDXFryN6X5Dth09yekULPHHC2w41SwEhulHA4Lumpu3atTL7Ch3aOfJijFqYLHi8