JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/9/24 4:02 p.m.

40 years is a big deal. Big enough to start a sentence–indeed an entire column–with “40,” which is a thing you aren’t supposed to do according to the people who make the writing rules. But really, we shouldn’t be doing any of this, so I guess it’s okay to break a rule here and there.

As you have no doubt …

Read the rest of the story

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/24 4:25 p.m.

berkeleyin' A right!  you really are doing the coolest thing.  i was introduced to AutoX magazine by a FSAE classmate in the late 1980s / early 1990s, and became a subscriber to GRM around 1994 (?).  As i see in youtube comments sometimes, "Who's still here in 2024?"   This Guy, that's who.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/9/24 6:06 p.m.

Great article! I think I discovered GRM in the early 2000s when in college. I'm on my 2nd 10-year subscription after just taking 1-2 year subscriptions at the beginning. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
10/9/24 6:46 p.m.

I was doing GRM stuff before I even knew there was a GRM magazine; ironically 40 years ago and I switched to car racing 34 years ago.

My buddy was a long time reader but I never really subscribed because I was more of a CM guy.

I'd been on the forum for 10 years before I started subscribing (it's shameful I know) but I realized what a great resource the magazine is and relented.

Kudos to GRM for bring so many like minded folks together.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qx4DEALFTgNKBQQBIN44r49VqLgFo6ACMIS2pDrhStb8VUBQuXkxfX7hHtAYGELk