1 2 3
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/30/19 4:01 p.m.
914Driver said:

Hang on guys and good luck.

I’ll never bitch about a little snow again.

I'm not dumb enough to make that promise!

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
8/30/19 4:04 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

But, ya know what?  At least we don't live in Illinois!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/30/19 5:14 p.m.
bobzilla said:
914Driver said:

I've never not had a real winter, but I very much don't want to be near a hurricane.  My wife grew up with the threat, and she LOVES winter.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/30/19 6:31 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

My wife’s family are in the DIRECT path as of 3:20 on 8/30/19. And 2/3 want to leave and the other 1/3 refuses.

2/3 are over 60 with health issues and 1/3 is younger and healthy and wants to get out.

Its GD maddening. 

The 2/3 needs to leave the 1/3.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/30/19 7:21 p.m.

I'll be thinking about you all down there.  Stay safe and keep your drawers dry.  Hurricanes alone would keep me from living on the Florida coast.  That and my ginger ass melts in high heat and humidity.

In Denver we only have to deal with baseball sized hail.  Only.

pirate
pirate HalfDork
8/30/19 8:23 p.m.

Well it’s still very early to know where Dorian will actually go but latest model runs seem to show hurricane approach Florida coast and then sharply turning north. Not exactly ideal but let’s all hope the trend continues and possibly the turn north happens before landfall.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/30/19 8:30 p.m.
alfadriver said:
bobzilla said:
914Driver said:

I've never not had a real winter, but I very much don't want to be near a hurricane.  My wife grew up with the threat, and she LOVES winter.

36 years of winter. 4 years in florida. 3 years with hurricanes worthy of disney closing. I'll take hurricanes every. single. time. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/30/19 8:44 p.m.

In reply to pirate :

I suspect it turns north and makes landfall between Myrtle Beach SC and Orcacoke, NC. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
8/30/19 8:55 p.m.
pinchvalve said:
300zxfreak said:

It’s a really good time to live in Ohio.......just sayin’. 

I take it that's in Youngstown.

Foxworx
Foxworx Reader
8/30/19 9:01 p.m.

Be safe

Be well

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
8/30/19 9:24 p.m.

It's been upgraded this evening to a cat 4. I'm almost dead center of the current  projected cone of doom landfall and only 2 miles from the Atlantic. The roof is bad because Irma ripped it up and insurance wouldn't pay. Currently waiting to see what happens with suit filed about a month ago. Spent the afternoon yesterday on the roof nailing down loose shingles and tabs. There are areas where you can see the roofing paper because there isn't shingles covering it. I am NOT a happy camper. 

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
8/31/19 12:19 a.m.

I also had to cancel my trip to Nationals because of this hurricane. This one looks bad. stay safe everyone

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/31/19 7:11 a.m.

Hello South Carolina!  

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/31/19 7:21 a.m.

The update is looking better for us down here, but the models don't agree too much. Lots of uncertainty still. 

Reminds me of a smaller version of hurricane Floyd. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/31/19 7:25 a.m.

4 houses boarded so far (big local family), 1 to go. I think we’re gonna make it! 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/19 10:59 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Hello.

We will have to see if it keeps turning east. One can hope. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/19 11:06 a.m.

Stay safe everyone. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/19 11:53 a.m.

The professionals are now following the track I suggested based on wind direction in the mid Atlantic yesterday suggesting the H was weakening and moving east sooner. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/31/19 12:07 p.m.
echoechoecho said:

I also had to cancel my trip to Nationals because of this hurricane. This one looks bad. stay safe everyone

Bummer to hear that. This hurricane also canceled my trip to Gainesville this past Wednesday. Next time I'm up that way, I'll let you know. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
8/31/19 2:13 p.m.

With global warming our winters are getting shorter and milder.

So I'll stay put.    Just don't like having to board up my house and running to safety.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/19 2:22 p.m.

Looking at the weather you all in Florida May be getting a glancing blow. Here is hoping it tracks north and on out to sea. 

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
8/31/19 2:53 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I moved to Jacksonville a few months ago, but with family living across the Florida east coast I just couldn't leave. but it looks like we may have dodged a bullet.  

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
8/31/19 4:08 p.m.

Everybody along the eastern seaboard be safe (this could go anywhere at this point). The power companies from up here in PA/DE/Jersey already left here.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/31/19 4:16 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Hello South Carolina!  

Hey that’s not fair!! 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/19 4:29 p.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners