EdHigginbotham
EdHigginbotham Editorial Assistant
12/18/14 4:37 p.m.
feature_image

Hyper-Fest has been entertaining those in and around Summit Point Motorsports Park for a solid 13 years. It's NASA Mid-Atlantic's biggest event of the year, and attracts thousands of spectators, not a common site for a club racing event.

This year will mark the first time NASA has moved the event from the Shenandoah Valley in West Virginia. The …

Read the rest of the story

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/14 5:17 p.m.

It'll be interesting to see if the females wearing body paint bikini tops is a hyperfest thing or a WV thing.

Uncoiled
Uncoiled Reader
12/18/14 8:20 p.m.

Definitely going to this.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/19/14 9:24 a.m.
captdownshift wrote: It'll be interesting to see if the METH is a hyperfest thing or a WV thing.

FTFY

failboat
failboat UltraDork
12/19/14 10:42 a.m.

haha.

yeah it gets a little crazy after dark.

and by after dark i mean, the whole time.

EdHigginbotham
EdHigginbotham Editorial Assistant
12/19/14 11:04 a.m.

Very true. It's still awesome to see so many spectators a club event though. I wonder if moving it to VIR will tone down the madness just a little bit. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

I'm guessing they'll get a lot of racers from the Southeast, too. So that should make for some nice big fields for the racing.

etmracing
etmracing New Reader
1/1/15 3:50 p.m.

I stopped going two years ago when the drinking and fighting got out of control. I give it another year or two till it's done plus the drifting fad has died out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zxi6DVOZ1ILvjZKkngMYM6iH1XjdqGAWwmKfrY8DyKgyIHk0OmcYlIyUkB8IZJdo