1 2 3
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/18/23 8:02 a.m.

I guess mentioning I'm averaging about 400 mile range now on the turbo GT is bad? cheeky

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
4/18/23 6:08 p.m.

There is a guy with an Elantra N who has come out to our local PCA autocrosses this year (twice now). I have to say that I'm impressed, the car is pretty quick. How much of that is the driver I don't know; it's likely that he's a really competitive National driver and is just running time only at our autocrosses for the practice. I also don't know if the car is bone stock or modded, but it makes lots of good turbo and pop-off valve noises, and like the earlier pictures lifts the inside rear wheel off the ground. In the past I was very unimpressed with Hyundai's, but I may have to re-think my position on them (at least the N cars).

In the one dry autocross we've had, he was turning times equal to me in my 2010 Cayman S. I'm pretty decent, but not a national-level driver. The other autocross he was at I ran in the morning when it was dry, he was in the wet afternoon, so of course I was much quicker. 

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/23 9:54 p.m.
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
4/19/23 6:31 a.m.
GTwannaB said:

2024 facelift is mighty purty 

https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g43632879/2024-hyundai-elantra-n-revealed-gallery/

Ya, they fixed the front end nicely. Looks good now.

failboat (Forum Supporter)
failboat (Forum Supporter) UberDork
5/26/23 12:37 p.m.

4 weeks into ownership, picked up a performance blue DCT up in PA 200 miles away end of last month. Almost at the 1k mile mark and will do the first oil change soon. 

Busy dad/family life at this stage, this car makes an incredible daily driver. Very roomy with a car seat and booster seat, plenty of trunk space for sports gear, I can pretty easily net 32-33 mpg on my short 10 mile commute in the morning in normal mode. I also set a custom N mode with all normal settings except engine and exhaust on sport setting and can get the same mileage. 24-26 mpg is the average if I drive a little more enthusiastically or have to deal with more stops on the way home. (one argument for buying this car was that it was far more efficient than the old minivan). I ceramic coated the first week and added subtle megachip rock guards and otherwise am just going to drive it as is. So good right out of the box especially with all the adjustability. 

calteg
calteg SuperDork
5/26/23 4:48 p.m.

In reply to GTwannaB :

Dang. That might be a winner right there

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
5/26/23 9:27 p.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

... First off, the paint is not the best. My hood came with lots of scratches and thin spots, and it will chip if you hit a mosquito at speed. I may go for ceramic protection soon to try to keep it protected.

Funny comments, as the same is said about various Mazdas. Regarding protecting the paint, ceramic coatings will not protect the paint from rock chips. You'll have to go to a film/clear wrap for that.

trumant
trumant GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/27/23 12:04 a.m.

My partner and I have put about 1500 miles on our N and we both have fallen in love.

Rev match and N mode and the chassis tuning and suspension. The way the steering has real weight and feedback.

Based on her love for the car so far I have a feeling she will be doing her first track day before the end of the year.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
5/27/23 6:23 a.m.

I purchased a Kona N a couple of months ago. Even though it's more  polarizing than the Elantra N I needed more space in the back. I absolutely love it so far. Easily one of the most enjoyable vehicles I have owned and I have owned a lot of performance cars. Hyundai killed it with these N cars.

Maxdriver
Maxdriver GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/5/23 5:26 p.m.

Sounds like a lot of performance for the money. Not a fan of the '24 wheels, I'd be looking to swap those out.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
avnpGsSOLaRxCbUYUReVg1fgcwvVg0vGalzZGkdsGQc0j6gBZwU52lSPx4LyHrFg