Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
6/30/11 10:21 p.m.

JD fail: ordered a diff breather from Summit last week and accidentally used my old apartment address. By the time I realized this FedX had it listed as delivered on the tracking web site. Went by and talked to the current tenant with no luck. D'oh!

Summit Racing WIN: called me less than an hour later after I put in an order for the replacement. Apparently the lady at my old apartment hadn't seen the mail yet. She called Summit and they immediately called me. They also canceled my replacement without charging my card. Awesome customer service!

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
7/1/11 1:58 a.m.

Summit racing is a very well run business, I wish all mail order places were similar.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/1/11 6:24 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: Summit racing is a very well run business, I wish all mail order places were similar.

Me Too!

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
7/1/11 6:58 a.m.

Ditto. I buy a lot of parts for my British race car from them. Really.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
7/1/11 7:02 a.m.

I love Summit Racing. . . but my wallet hates them . . .

Entropyman
Entropyman GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/1/11 7:06 a.m.

They've always done well by me, and they have a Georgia warehouse so I get most of my stuff in 48 hours.

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
7/1/11 7:39 a.m.

Okay... I've passed a Summit Racing in Ohio on my way to my in-law's about 5 times. I'm going to stop there next time.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/1/11 7:43 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: I love Summit Racing. . . but my wallet hates them . . .

Try living less than a mile down the road from them!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/1/11 8:49 a.m.

Summit is awesome!

(Y'all should get them to advertise in GRM ya know...)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/1/11 9:05 a.m.

Funny, we also had a good Summit "incident" yesterday. (Why yes, they do really in fact stock Porsche parts.)

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Dork
7/1/11 3:22 p.m.

Yes they are good just wish they didn't sponsor Greg Anderson....I just don't like the guy but that goes back to some legal issues from early 90's.

I use Jegs allot too but summit's web interface is much easier to search.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
7/1/11 4:37 p.m.

I've had good luck with Summit in the past. They don't carry many Mazda-specific parts, but I have used them before for more universal items like air filters and gauges.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo HalfDork
7/1/11 6:03 p.m.

Summit and Jegs are both top notch.

Funny story, back in the day when I was 17 and my friend was 18, we ordered around $1500 from Summit. He paid with his credit card because I didnt have one. I paid him in cash for my order.

Get a paniced call from him the next morning. Turns out we were both pretty wasted when we placed the order and used his company fuel card to do it. Fortunately he only had a $1000 limit on the card, his boss didnt care, and Summit didnt just cancel the order, they called and asked him for his other card number, he gave it to them, and they processed the order. Still showed up in 2 days.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/1/11 6:05 p.m.
44Dwarf wrote: Yes they are good just wish they didn't sponsor Greg Anderson....I just don't like the guy but that goes back to some legal issues from early 90's. I use Jegs allot too but summit's web interface is much easier to search.

+1 on that. My favorite "was" Jeg Coughlin, but since Summit is in my town and rings a lot of revenue in (and I don't have to pay for shipping like I do with Jegs), I buy from them as much as I can. Something a lot of people don't know is that they now carry stock replacement parts for a lot of vehicles.

fasted58
fasted58 HalfDork
7/1/11 6:15 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
44Dwarf wrote: Yes they are good just wish they didn't sponsor Greg Anderson....I just don't like the guy but that goes back to some legal issues from early 90's. I use Jegs allot too but summit's web interface is much easier to search.
Something a lot of people don't know is that they now carry stock replacement parts for a lot of vehicles.

I wondered about that. Is Summit just drop shipping the stock replacement parts from other suppliers or actually warehousing these parts?

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
7/1/11 6:29 p.m.

They treated me really well ordering some struts that were a little tricky to find. Good folks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BSb5fjlJMEwUxtJc2IPZPXu9BDiCkQfViNRzNBNtYHyUREuxmh0sBpOiYK9AoaYd