1 ... 4 5 6
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/11/20 1:49 p.m.

What will help you get through 2 Lane Blacktop is the thought of what if a film crew followed you around for a week filming...everything.  What if you were a street racer? That's why there are boring parts, because there is a lot of boring parts in life.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/11/20 2:01 p.m.

I guess I can include this one:

Subaru SVX in "Fireproof".  I was the special effects coordinator on the movie, and that car was mine (its a 5 speed swapped car).

We needed a car that could look like a boy racer car.  I stuck some tacky stickers on it, and drove it to the set.  I also drove it home that day- the car was not wrecked.  I smashed an extra fender and painted it to match the car.  Drove the car into the ditch,  opened the hood, removed the front wheel, set the car on the ground, then leaned the wheel into the wheelwell and hung the fake fender on it.  Drove it home that day unharmed.  (And scraped the stickers off it!).  The fender is still hanging on my shop wall.

I prepped the Kia too.  The script called for the car to be lifted off the tracks by hand as a train approached.  I had 2 matching Kias.  We pulled one from the junkyard, then bought another matching one.  I detailed them to look the same.  Then I  cut as much weight out of the wrecked one as I could.  No engine, no drivetrain, no axles- heck I even cut the floor out of it.

That was the day I was hit by a moving train. surprise

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/11/20 2:04 p.m.

It's not really a favorite movie theme car.  Just a little bit of movie car trivia. smiley

Sorry for the crappy pics.

bgkast (Forum Supporter)
bgkast (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/20 2:19 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Pretty freaking cool

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/11/20 2:41 p.m.

No Initial D?

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
6/14/20 12:17 a.m.

Someone needs to do a "Moving" tribute car. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/20 8:12 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

No Initial D?

We fail at life.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/20 8:13 a.m.
snailmont5oh said:

Someone needs to do a "Moving" tribute car. 

I'd rather have the lawnmower.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sh89GrGJYVHcMAX7aqVTEfP1hFroWzNtbKBRo2KIlHmm6i6D0SlUaBRA20WxKkTY