1 2 3
RX8driver
RX8driver Reader
9/18/22 9:48 a.m.

They built the GR Yaris to homologate that body as I recall, but the drivetrain and AWD getting into street cars was a bonus.

te72
te72 HalfDork
9/18/22 6:47 p.m.
RX8driver said: I'm quite thankful that we don't suffer from the same dealer shenanigans as in the US with markups and such (BC, Canada).

Curious, how does that work up there? Are there some regulations that require cars not be sold over MSRP?

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
9/19/22 12:55 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
rustomatic said:

A $36,000.00 Corolla? Seriously?

A new ZL1 Camaro is $70-80k.  Is it not unreasonable for a Corolla to cost half of what a Camaro costs?

Alternatively, MSRP on a 2004 STi was $32k, which is about $50k in 2022 dollars.  And that got you a blanking plate instead of a radio. 

Back then people were incredulous over spending That Kind of money on a Subaru.  The market tended to think it was acceptable smiley

Well, seeing as the top Corolla starts at $52k, that's far above half.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/19/22 7:03 a.m.
te72 said:
RX8driver said: I'm quite thankful that we don't suffer from the same dealer shenanigans as in the US with markups and such (BC, Canada).

Curious, how does that work up there? Are there some regulations that require cars not be sold over MSRP?

If people would stop paying them, the dealers wouldn't be able to do it.

My BRZ the dealer tried to add a $1k ADM when I came in to order, I stood up to leave and told them I wouldn't be paying any markup over MSRP. They quickly removed it.

RX8driver
RX8driver Reader
9/19/22 8:57 a.m.
te72 said:

I believe it's a provincial (state) regulation, which I know at least some provinces have, so then the dealers in the other provinces would do well to follow suit so they don't lose business to neighbouring provinces.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A941aDEbGcpK2hJix7fljJ6nbmwWmHCFYsyEHmLaaJRCmnS9fOujG3z9cDWmzrf6