Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/16/24 1:26 p.m.

...just because.  I like white letters, always have, and was really stoked to see Tirerack carried the appropriate sized BF Goodrich Comp TA's that fit the '90 Celica race car.

But everything I'm reading about paints says eventually it will flake and/or turn brown.  Anywhere from a day to a few weeks.  I could even live with renewing it like once a year.

So, I've read a lot of assorted forum posts that say these guys have good products.  Tred Wear Letters  And different styles, fonts, a "rally wall" that might be fun on the snow tires on the GR Corolla.  Thinking a big COOPER on the side.  And if they fail?  Lesson learned.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
10/16/24 1:33 p.m.

I'll be honest.  I am never not thinking about this.  Just haven't looked for any company to buy from.

So, following.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/24 1:35 p.m.

I put Tire Stickers on the old 16s I had my e30 rolling on. I thought they were sweet. Easy to put on and stayed adhered for the life of the tire. A little white wall cleaner every so often and they brighten right up. They're not really like stickers but chunks of rubber you glue to the tire.

I can't find a good picture. Just a crappy rolling shot.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
10/16/24 2:04 p.m.

Do it!!  I think they're cool, at least on the right car they are.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director

Another option: Our friends at Condor Speed Shop offer tire stencils

Duke
Duke MegaDork

Question:

Do these line up with the actual brand markings, or do you just glue them over?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
10/16/24 2:12 p.m.
Duke said:

Question:

They offer that, it looks like.

https://tredwear.com/tire-kits/factory-style-tire-letter-kit/

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/24 2:16 p.m.
Duke said:

Question:

I know with the Tire Stickers brand you ordered by letter size. Anywhere from .5" to 2" tall. I went oversized.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/16/24 3:26 p.m.

A little bit of looking around Google (boss left early, work load is light) didn't show anyone using anything like my example of a "rally wall".  Closest was a Michelin tire I found.

So, maybe just go with letters.  I forgot that yellow letters have gotten popular, Google showed a lot of examples.  A bit of Photoshop on a photo from my phone:

I like this.  I like it a lot.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VswyJNkwR54e6noI6FzAZJrt0x9pzBTea3YGvdXRwJaUqk0bJDGMBdyRtC2bdKEQ