boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb New Reader
5/11/15 8:34 p.m.

Hey,

Has anyone gone to this event?

The Andretti motorsports website is pretty clunky. They talk about Vintage indycars running on Friday, but no ticket details....No schedule details for Sat or Sun. I am guessing that they will run Indylights as well, but once again, no details....

My buddy and I are planning on going. It seems like higher up in the grandstands would be good for visibility....(?)

Any recommended hotels/motels nearby?

TIA,

Rog

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
5/11/15 8:41 p.m.

I would say up higher is better at The Mile. I was there a couple of years ago for an ASA Midwest tour race, and there was not much visibility from the pits. Its a flat. long straight track, so down low you lose the exit of 2 and the entry to 3.

einy
einy New Reader
5/11/15 8:54 p.m.

Any hotel in Brookfield area would be fine. Or stay downtown and hit Water Street Brewery, etc

drdisque
drdisque Reader
5/11/15 10:21 p.m.

I used to stay as far up as I felt like paying on the main straight but have recently moved to high up in turn 1. Better deal in my opinion and seeing the cars go through the corner gives you a good idea of whose car is working for them and whose isn't. You can hold off on buying tickets, it doesn't sell out, but I definitely recommend going, especially if you've never been there before.

boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb New Reader
5/12/15 8:20 a.m.

Thanks guys!

Is anyone else going?

Rog

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/15 9:30 a.m.

Downtown MKE is awesome. Definitely stay downtown and not brookfield. You've been to a suburb before, so you know what brookfield is like.

Can't hardly go wrong with food or brewery in downtown Milwaukee. Probably faster to the mile as well (than brookfield).

boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb New Reader
7/13/15 7:18 p.m.

Went to the race. Had a great time. Got seats up above Turn 1.

Stayed at the Forty Winks motel in Brookfield. Conveinent and reasonably priced. (Beware of the plastic mattress covers.) Ate at Mitchells seafood 2 nites. Excellent whitefish.

Oh yeah the racing: Seebass was AWESOME. Totally hooked up. During his last pitstop he held the lead!

It sounds like the financing is dicey for next year.

GO if you get a chance.

Rog

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
7/14/15 6:22 a.m.

predictions are already out there that Milwaukee will be replaced with Road America

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nQVSaYhyF5hrJG66D67gQWB4RJ3N7qTi6LWM8jcdDJuRjd23bifTS6fmyokGVgmO