44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
6/26/24 8:17 a.m.

Over the years i've bought a few thing from Eastwood. About 3 weeks ago i started getting bombarded with emails dome time several per day.

I try to contact them but the reply i got was its all or nothing.  Well guess I'll be unsubscribing from All emails from them. there marketing backfired badly on this guy.

Just wondering if others have seen this obscene uptick in emails from Eastwood?

44Dwarf

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/24 8:49 a.m.

I got one email yesterday, but that's the first one that I've had in a long time. 

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
6/26/24 11:29 a.m.

Yes! I too bought one thing 3 years ago, and all of a sudden I get a bunch of random emails for them. I didn't remember signing up for the emails, but then I remembered I bought something and maybe didn't click to turn it off there 

Trent
Trent UltimaDork
6/26/24 11:44 a.m.

I feel like spam mail is seriously on the uptick lately. My "junk" folder went from 2-3 a month to 10 per week recently

I hadn't received an Email from HP in 4 years, all of the sudden they started to arrive in once a week until I "unsubscribed" which brought it up to 3 per day!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
6/26/24 11:55 a.m.

I get repeated offers for a 'tactical walking stick', whatever that is, but nothing from Eastwood.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
6/26/24 12:55 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Seems legit:

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
6/26/24 1:35 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

I went thru something similar. The CAN-SPAM Act stipulates that all promotional email (spam) include an Unsubscribe button/link and that if you use it, the sender must stop sending you E36 M3 within 10 days. If instead they sent you more spam, you could report them to the FTC. Fines can be steep...

Link to report offenders is at the following site: 

https://consumer.ftc.gov/consumer-alerts/2023/08/ftc-lawsuit-reminds-businesses-can-spam-means-cant-spam

porschenut
porschenut Dork
6/26/24 2:50 p.m.

Some new marketing dork must have talked them into a new program.  We can all send eastwood emails complaining and get the dork fired.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/24 6:18 p.m.

I unsubscribed from Eastwood (and it worked!) a couple of months ago; IIRC I did send them a note with the whole "huh, thought I'd turn down the frequency, but if it's every day (possibly more than once) or nothing, then I'll take nothing." Fingers crossed if enough people unsubscribe they'll look into providing frequency options.

The funny thing is, they actually do new products and gain new lines with some frequency, and I'd genuinely like the occasional email (monthly?) about new stuff and/or specials, but my inbox is under enough strain without that kind of behavior.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
6/28/24 8:43 a.m.

Well I said F it and "unsubscribed from all"  Maybe they'll get the hint when theres a drop in sales instead of an uptick. If they had a once a week or once a month option i would have chosen that. but after 2-3 times per day  no thanks.

Thank you for contacting Eastwood. We are sorry we missed your chat.

We understand that you would like to limit the number of emails you recieve from us. We unfortunately do not have the capability to limit the emails. We can unsubscribe you from our marketing emails if you would like. Please let me know.

If you have any questions or, need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are available Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM EST at 1 (800) 343-9353 and select option 2 to speak with any of our Customer Service Advisors.

Thank you for choosing Eastwood.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hq26UeKf9rh7xywylFhjjDzCCjtwQll2XMoWsKSyjy6cQf7NHPxCksVfstAyCOto