1 2
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/28/13 9:48 a.m.

Equus Bass 770 is a restomod Mustang with ZR1 power

Introducting the Bass 770. A New American Milestone in High-End Automobile History. The 2014 BASS770 is born of an abiding passion for genuine 1960’s and 1970's muscle cars. The rare seductive power of those legendary beauties, brought on by their unique fastback signature, enraptures and enthralls to this day. Proudly, the EQUUS BASS770 sets a new reference in the international luxury automobile class as a brand-new muscle car bringing together the best of 21st century American technological savoir-faire.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/28/13 10:09 a.m.

Uhhhh, POFS?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/13 10:46 a.m.

the front looks too charger like for my tastes...

Give me the performance with the classic looks please

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/28/13 11:15 a.m.

roadstang. It's the unhappy love child of a 1972 road runner and a 1968 mustang with a 1969 charger pinned on the butt. It's like someone took all of the cars they liked as a kid and tried to put them all together. .

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
9/28/13 11:35 a.m.

tail lamps are 64 GTO.......

the interior on this thing is horrid... absolutely horrid.....

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
9/28/13 12:53 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: Give me the performance with the classic looks please

+1 to this

doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
9/28/13 2:06 p.m.

Sorry guys, I think its HAWT!!!

Caraddict
Caraddict New Reader
9/28/13 2:18 p.m.

250,000 dollars.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/28/13 2:57 p.m.

i am a Ford guy and I haz confuzion

Why not this

ford gt photo: ford gt ford-gt.png

beans
beans HalfDork
9/28/13 3:01 p.m.

I don't care what you call it, I just want to rub my hootus all over it.

lewbud
lewbud HalfDork
9/28/13 3:32 p.m.

Uhhhhh, no. If you're going to build a Ford, power it by Ford. Call me old fashioned, but that's the way I roll.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
9/28/13 3:37 p.m.

Weird hodge-podge of stuff. Looks kinda cool...but isn't an Equus a Hyundai sedan??

beans
beans HalfDork
9/28/13 3:38 p.m.

Doesn't look much like an early Mustang chassis to me. Body, for sure, but this thing is pretty flippin awesome under the skin.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/28/13 3:38 p.m.
beans wrote: I don't care what you call it, I just want to rub my hootus all over it.

On purpose?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/28/13 3:41 p.m.

It's The Horse Fish!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/28/13 4:28 p.m.

a few extra tubes, and I'd rock the pants off it as an exocar...no body necessary...

beans
beans HalfDork
9/28/13 4:47 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
beans wrote: I don't care what you call it, I just want to rub my hootus all over it.
On purpose?

Indeed. I would hold it tenderly afterwards, as well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/28/13 4:55 p.m.
beans wrote:
aussiesmg wrote:
On purpose?
Indeed. I would hold it tenderly afterwards, as well.

I am sure you would, after all your hootus would be very upset after being rubbed all over that.

alex
alex UberDork
9/28/13 5:17 p.m.

As impressive as this may be mechanically, it strikes me as a DuPont Registry special, intended to be sold next to $75,000 Ecosse motorcycles that no one actually rides. Lifestyle toys for rich guys who buy their taste out of magazines with bizarrely glossy pages.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
9/28/13 5:57 p.m.

I will allow this statement to stand as long as you are speaking about the woman in the video.

I did not actually hate the car until I saw that video.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/28/13 6:39 p.m.

Body lines are quite damn sexy, even the tail lamp treatment is forgiving, non-Ford power plant... mmmk ok w/ that too cuz there gotta be a huge grin factor there.

The front end just ruined it for me as if they were trying to say after all the other design departures that this is not really a Mustang after all and rubs your nose in it.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/28/13 6:47 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:

Mazda RX4 photo: Mazda RX4 1974 bc43.jpg

motomad1
motomad1 New Reader
9/28/13 7:20 p.m.

The side lines are not bad, but it kind of loses it at the rear quarter panel and the rear seems to be, "okay guys, throw in the necessary, chop chop. The front fascia is a nightmare; should find a good market.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/28/13 7:30 p.m.

I missed the 'boutique' part from the OP... that's where I obviously musta gone wrong w/ my misgivings.

OK then... it's a berkeleying 'boutique' car.

Yet I fail to see how any honest to god car people can say muscle car and boutique in the same reference.

Geezus

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/28/13 7:30 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Uhhhh, POFS?

Are you saying "piece of berkeleying E36 M3"? I see the "smiley", but give me a berkeleying break. Like the looks or not, that thing is pretty badass. For a price. Build one, motherberkeleyer- production quality, ZR1 horsepower, and then put it on this board to please everyone here.... good luck. I hesitate to put anything about my 4age Midget on the internet because of a-holes who don't actually build, but have an opinion on yours. This is for you and not for you- I don't know your background. If you're the guy building $15k mustang replicas with 400hp that handle like an M3, are as comfortable as a bentley, and light as an Elise, then no, I can't criticize you (someone will find a way). Otherwise--- E36 M3, man, just be nice.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xkchiPZxO0akuQcxagUn3kIkUVDgNe7YK9n1lEZNJSFcYnL4FJg9ss74niHm5SiV