1 2
internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
5/31/10 10:08 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote:
internetautomart wrote: I wouldn't want any long drive vehicle without a radio. PLUS riding/driving while wearing headphones is ILLEGAL last I checked. That includes riding a bicycle.
looks like it's allowed in Mi http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=mi I will say this, My inner-ear buds block all the wind noise in my helmet. I can hear more cars / engine noise with them in.

i really need to append my sig to state that my advice is only valid in chicago

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
5/31/10 7:42 p.m.

What I always wished for was a radio/cd jammer, so that I could sit at red lights and just flick a switch so I wouldn't have to endure auditory torture such as you describe. I'm sure it can be done and whoever does it will be a millionaire in no time.

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/1/10 7:04 p.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: I realize this isn't exactly GRM and it's about motorcycles but.....I was out for an early morning Sunday drive in the Miata (top down of course) sitting at a stoplight when up drives an older HD motorcycle, sounds like he has just straight pipes on it and a radio absolutely CRANKED so it will overcome the sound of the motor. It's 8:00 am, we are the only ones around and I am sitting at a light next to a sound that is virtually making my ears bleed. I am not a biker so I don't know............do you need to have a radio blasting when you are riding a motorcycle especially one with no mufflers? Kinda like putting a radio in a top fuel dragster. Just wondering.

This will splain it to you. Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if it's a repost:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
6/1/10 10:11 p.m.
mistanfo wrote: The Borg protects the President? Wow, didn't know htat he had been assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

Opus
Opus Dork
6/1/10 10:35 p.m.

I have headphones mounted into the helmet. The road noise is enough that the music (even at full blast) is in the background over my inline 4 turning 7k. Just enough to keep me sane. The radar detector was at least louder than the bike in the helmet

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3FIkMSySiyUkUkiXsRMLWxXuNuVZcUerwlH69x65bqRvC2WcB5g1tHZiwyn9YjeV