1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/25/23 8:30 a.m.

They just disappeared. No noise. No hum. No pulling. No on- or off-center weirdness.

Remember when the thought of running all-seasons was met with a wrinkle of the nose? Us, too, but they’ve come a long way. Witness the latest wave of ultra-high-performance all-season tires, including the new Falken Azenis FK460 A/S.

While not a track tire, this member of …

Read the rest of the story

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/25/23 9:05 a.m.

That's the exact tire I was looking at for the Forte. I wish you could expand on its winter prowess... 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/25/23 9:26 a.m.

I run high performance all-season tires on all my cars, even have a set from the Miata I just sold. I'm not concerned about snow performance, other than for a skiff of snow because I put real snow tires on for winter. I do that for the superior snow capability, and to keep my good wheels away from the road salt. Snow tires are cheaper than wheels.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/25/23 9:47 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I've had snow tires exactly once in my life and it barely snowed that winter. All seasons have been enough for what we get and when it gets too bad for that, we stay home.

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/25/23 9:49 a.m.
bobzilla said:

I've had snow tires exactly once in my life and it barely snowed that winter. All seasons have been enough for what we get and when it gets too bad for that, we stay home.

That's just sad, you're missing all the fun! (but I understand)

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/25/23 9:59 a.m.
adam525i said:
bobzilla said:

I grew up 50 miles NW of Montreal, so I agree with you. Driving in the snow is a hoot, but winters here in Michigan are getting sloppier, with less snow, so Bobzilla's point makes sense, too.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/25/23 10:56 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:
adam525i said:
bobzilla said:

I grew up 50 miles NW of Montreal, so I agree with you. Driving in the snow is a hoot, but winters here in Michigan are getting sloppier, with less snow, so Bobzilla's point makes sense, too.

Oh I've driven in snow all my life. Just not on snow tires. All seasons got me around where I needed to go without fuss. The only car that hated it was the first gen big block Forte. Between the torque and light weight it would overwhelm the tires in an instant, even with the snows (the only car to wear them). TCS was so aggressive it would literally kill the car at slow speeds. 

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/25/23 11:02 a.m.

Definitely interested in these for my Alltrack. I wonder how they stack up to the DWS06.

Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
8/25/23 11:21 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

If you can hold out, Tire Rack looks to be planning a winter test of these in the coming months.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/25/23 11:27 a.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

I've got until the temps drop to freezing. These Michelin PS4 s tires don't handle it well. 

also, $26k sporty car that comes with ps4s tires. Fricking unbelievable 

ThumperUSMC
ThumperUSMC New Reader
8/25/23 1:26 p.m.

So, why cannot I find a speed rating on any of the tires? I wouldn't use them on the track, but it is still nice to know what they are rated for. I checked several examples of the tires, but could not find it on any of them in the specs for the tire.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/25/23 1:39 p.m.

And no 195/50 R15.

Sad face.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/25/23 2:37 p.m.

In reply to ThumperUSMC :

Uhhhh.... its literally on every size listed:

and once you go in to an individual size:

Looks like they are all Y rated, which puts you at 186mph. 

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/25/23 2:43 p.m.

I wonder if this will outperform the Conti DWS06 as my "high performance all season tire I use that isn't 3 peak rated".

HDK
HDK None
8/25/23 2:44 p.m.

Is this paid product placement?  Honest question.  It doesn't seem like much of a review.  Mostly copy paste from the Tire Rack review.  

I am considering the FK460 A/S or the General G-MAX AS-07.  I would be replacing a set of General G-MAX AS-05 on my WRX, which I've been very happy with. 

None of the Tire Rack tire tests compare the AS-05 directly with the FK460 A/S, even though they are in the same class and price range.  The new MAX AS-07 are too new to have any reviews. 

I'm hoping that Tire Rack does a test soon comparing the AS-07 and FK460 A/S.  Hopefully my current tires hold out that long.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/23 11:21 a.m.
Noddaz said:

And no 195/50 R15.

Sad face.

I would expect an allseason to have a 185/70-14, too.

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/27/23 11:28 p.m.

Another tire a little car guy wont be able to have

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/14/23 5:55 a.m.

I just put a set of these on my 23 brz and I love em...totally blow away the stock michelins that came on the car in every category. They are so good, put them on the old lady's Honda Accord and what a difference they make on that car. I wouldnt be afraid of trying a track day on them.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/14/23 6:34 a.m.
livinon2wheels said:

I just put a set of these on my 23 brz and I love em...totally blow away the stock michelins that came on the car in every category. They are so good, put them on the old lady's Honda Accord and what a difference they make on that car. I wouldnt be afraid of trying a track day on them.

Interesting. How would you rate them to any summer tires (300ish TW) or 200TW tires?

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/18/23 2:04 p.m.

I put these on the Elantra N. I was nervous to make the purchase without TRs snow rating, but figured I'd give it a shot. I like them so far, well mannered tire. But I've yet to do any weather driving outside light rain.

I wouldn't do a track day with these. Definitely less grip than ps4s', and they feel floaty at triple digit speeds. But I also wouldn't do a track day with the ps4s'either. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/18/23 4:21 p.m.

In reply to thashane :

I've done track days on PS4Ses. Not bad, but not the stickiest and some chunks flew off...

msterbee
msterbee Reader
11/18/23 5:21 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I have a Forte GT too. (I assume you have the GT?). I'm about to buy a set of full winter tires for the 4 months (In Michigan) when the PS4S is a trip to the hospital waiting to happen.  Bit I was also thinking that next time I may scrap the 3 season and winter strategy and just get a set of performance all season tires that will be good enough for winter.  I'm not looking forward to the compromise but I'm sure my wallet will appreciate it.  

msterbee
msterbee Reader
11/18/23 5:23 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to Driven5 :

I've got until the temps drop to freezing. These Michelin PS4 s tires don't handle it well. 

also, $26k sporty car that comes with ps4s tires. Fricking unbelievable 

I love mine.  Although I only paid 23K.  :-)

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/18/23 6:06 p.m.
malibuguy said:

Another tire a little car guy wont be able to have

Not going to fit anything I own. 

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/18/23 8:41 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

In reply to thashane :

I've done track days on PS4Ses. Not bad, but not the stickiest and some chunks flew off...

I believe it. I like the ps4s on the street, but I'd rather run v730s on the track for almost half the price

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cmDq7V13Vlo1eaBhzQM9s3iuMDs8Yhgcc7GAWDP7MtDbU4U2Tuu1Jnt1SiPOU2Aw