1 2
wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
7/19/22 10:44 a.m.

One bit of trivia on the Solstice coupe - it would have been a true fixed head coupe, except that the safety approval process would have had to be redone at considerable cost, so GM opted to use a removable top panel, which sidestepped that expense. 

Unfortunately they bodged the design of the top by not making the panel that you remove storable behind the seats so they offered a collapsible soft top that would stow there, but not well. Today the soft top changes hands for around $2K as not many were made (I bought my coupe new off the lot but didn't want a soft top - I'd have preferred the hard top to be welded to the body!)

Changing the top (an amusing video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U60VlW8ucCM

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
12/17/22 1:41 p.m.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
12/17/22 4:51 p.m.
Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/22 7:24 p.m.

In reply to wspohn :

Love the coupe!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/19/22 2:12 p.m.
NickD said:

While I'm not a huge fan of the drivetrain, the majority of my gripes with the Solstice come from it's bulbous styling, low-rent interior, and garbage ergonomics, and a V8 doesn't fix any of that..

The Saturn Sky fixes the styling. Although I didn't remember the interior, I haven't been in one in more than 10 years. 

Toebra
Toebra Dork
12/19/22 3:10 p.m.
M2Pilot said:

I've never driven nor even rode in one of these cars. I like them.  But, it seems that I've seen many mentions of awful ergonnomics.

Not a vehicle fit for two adult humans to ride around in.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I0iri9J1OzVYJYyYMr8YBGqJP5TtJPBkJ2jRoWxX9A5Cx9MTCgIRBWsAmrNhEDhM