chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
6/6/13 6:36 p.m.

There was a row of modded BMWs following me on my way home tonight. Headed south on 15 before Upper Sandusky; stanced, race(y), show car, blah blah blah.

Btw: modded E39s are the secks!

MINIzguy
MINIzguy New Reader
6/6/13 7:40 p.m.

Sure is!

Timmayfest is in Columbus, OH, at this time. Mostly a E39 M5 gang but it is open to all Euros. There will be a car show on Saturday at the Quaker Steak & Lube which is where I'll be.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/13 8:38 p.m.

I could not imagine the level of asshattery going on at a show like that. I went to a couple of local shows and after the last one, vowed never to have anything to do with BMW folk again.

It was the kid in the M6 that did it to me. He cut off the mufflers and put in a straight pipe. His idea of fun was pulling up behind somebody on the highway and revving that v10 to the redline to get them out of the way so he could blast past them at triple digit speeds.

After about 5 minutes of following him (on back roads where the speeds were more tame) I swear my ears were getting ready to bleed.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/6/13 9:34 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

And I bet it was still quieter than your average harley........my ti is ear splitting loud though. Stupid open header.

mad_machine
6/7/13 7:38 a.m.

actually it wasn't. the uncorked V10 has a shriek of an exhaust note. Not very pleasant at all.

I am also familier how loud the M44 can be. A couple of years ago I pulled off of the Garden State Parkway to take a phonecall from work. Didn't see the almost 8 inch drop from roadway to shoulder and ripped the entire exhaust system out of my ti from the cat back.

This was around Mile marker 112.. I live around 37. I was near deaf when I got home

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
6/7/13 8:26 a.m.

Dont know your location, but cars from all over the US and Canada go to Wustefest.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
6/7/13 8:27 a.m.

Timmayfest was great last year, cant wait til tommorow, Cleveland caravan leaves Southpark mall 7:30 am sharp!!

Teggsan
Teggsan Reader
6/7/13 9:05 a.m.

Timmay!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/7/13 9:26 a.m.

Be sure to say Hi to Jeff at IPS.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/7/13 9:38 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

So you still had a catalyst on it.......I bet yours was still quieter.

mad_machine
6/7/13 10:23 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to mad_machine: So you still had a catalyst on it.......I bet yours was still quieter.

nope.. it ripped the pipe out of the front of the cat... it was just a big open hole right under the floor between the seats.. It was what I got for obeying the law and pulling over to take a call rather than just driving like everyone else

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q1rpcJ7542K6ldo1vlbjSUft1zzfh5pzx5mJ6mVgUEZ89oKfLsdszmwRiN30QR1P