JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/23/18 3:53 p.m.

Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published by reading the print edition of Grassroots Motorsports. Subscribe now.

Story and Photos by J.G. Pasterjak

It’s Burning Man minus the hippies and with a massive helping of gearheads. Every spring, over a quarter-million passionate fans pack the grandstands and hillsides of the world’s most famous …

Read the rest of the story

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
3/23/18 4:37 p.m.

So, JG, you're not participating this year?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/23/18 10:23 p.m.
Jerry From LA said:

So, JG, you're not participating this year?

http://www.mtwhitneyquest.com

They moved the race up like two weeks this year and the schedule just doesn't work out for me unfortunately. It's typically Memorial Day weekend or later, when my wife is out of school so she comes over after the race and we chill for a week. But with them moving it up it's right between the Mitty and the UTCC and flights are crazy expensive and she's still teaching. Fingers crossed they move it back later next year.

te72
te72 New Reader
3/26/18 10:48 p.m.

I wouldn't mind going on it one of these days. Fifteen years of driving on it in the virtual world, I feel like I have a decent grasp of the layout and quirks by now. That said, I'd much rather drive it in something like a Miata than something that I'd be afraid to gas it, that way I could focus on line placement more than worrying about the power.

It's a wicked track to drive in the digital side of things. Is it as scary in real life too? The bumps make things interesting (and have taught me the value of coasting haha), but I think my biggest hurdle with the Ring has always been that it just seems REALLY narrow. True of the real thing?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0lh7PXWSs6jGGHbgVMbdP1n1A2QyXJVbF5JLABjcKH9ievkawFGgndMpHTr7HJU4