93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/13/12 6:18 p.m.

Does any one know what the '03-'07 XJ8s are like to live with? I would prefer the last of the XJ6s but by the time I am planning on getting a replacement for the Civic the XJ6 will be getting rather long in the tooth. I need an XJ (a real XJ none of this Jeep crap ) in my life at some point.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/13/12 6:26 p.m.

I'm sure Mguar will chime in at any moment and tell you that what you really need is an XJ12. He might be right too.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/13/12 6:31 p.m.

I am not saying I don't want an XJS or XJ12 but I don't as a daily driver.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/13/12 6:41 p.m.

My advice with that generation is to buy the latest, best maintained XJR you can afford.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/13/12 6:46 p.m.

Any major reliability problems with that generation Jag? I know the X308 had the cylinder liner and chain tensioner problems.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/13/12 6:48 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Any major reliability problems with that generation Jag? I know the X308 had the cylinder liner and chain tensioner problems.

Not that I've heard of. I still wouldn't want the base car at all and I wouldn't want it to have seen the ownership a lot Jags experience by their second or third owner.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/13/12 7:02 p.m.

In reply to MG Bryan:

A good maintenance record would be a must for me to buy one.

benzbaron
benzbaron Dork
3/13/12 8:00 p.m.

My dad had a friend with an Xjr and I guess he drove the crap out of it and sold it with 190k miles on it. They look like great cars. Funny story is the same guy had an xjs and he overheated it and dropped the valves. Gave it away after that.

marktmv
marktmv New Reader
3/14/12 12:06 p.m.

Check the following sites: www.jag-lovers.org www.jaguarforums.com www.roadfly.com/jaguar/forums www.jaguarforum.co.uk http://www.autos.ca/auto-articles/used-vehicle-review-jaguar-xj-2004-2009

X350's are fairly solid as far as reliability goes, just try to avoid the air suspension models and first two years of production.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qIUYGyHvKpKHmBV04XVYyyHRMlgjYZdJSFLr8HCXjEK3RqEjw6DyKzZCnGcUnvur