1 2
bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
10/18/11 9:11 a.m.

In reply to forzav12:

On performance alone, I'd rather have a Tata then a King Midget.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
10/18/11 2:36 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
jstein77 wrote: I wished before that Nissan would put that drivetrain (with a 6 speed manual, of course) into something more normal appearance-wise.
Altima coupe!

Altima is kind of heavy for a 180 hp 1.6 liter. I was looking for something smaller like the Versa, if it was just a bit less awful.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/18/11 3:21 p.m.
jstein77 wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:
jstein77 wrote: I wished before that Nissan would put that drivetrain (with a 6 speed manual, of course) into something more normal appearance-wise.
Altima coupe!
Altima is kind of heavy for a 180 hp 1.6 liter. I was looking for something smaller like the Versa, if it was just a bit less awful.

oh, thought you meant the R37 drivetrain, not the Juke DT...my bad.

Carry on...

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
10/18/11 5:53 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to forzav12: On performance alone, I'd rather have a Tata then a King Midget.

touche!

irish44j
irish44j Dork
10/18/11 6:54 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: I'd roll it. Who cares how it looks, it will smoke anything on the street and leave the other driver looking at it like "WTF is that?"

If I can afford to make a Juke really really fast, I can afford to make something better looking really really fast. And "something better looking than a Juke" means "any car on the planet not named Aztek."

Vigo
Vigo Dork
10/18/11 8:19 p.m.

If not for CVT i prefer cube to a 1st gen xB. to be clear, i will probably never buy one of either.

If I can afford to make a Juke really really fast, I can afford to make something better looking really really fast. And "something better looking than a Juke" means "any car on the planet not named Aztek."

Cube eh?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Reader
10/18/11 8:27 p.m.

I've put 220 miles on the Altima with the CVT, I can't wait to get my ancient Volvo back tomorrow.

As for the Juke's looks, I despised them at first, then after starring at one hours on end for about 2 weeks it kind of grew on me. One day I tolerate it, the next it's hideous. Driving the 6 speed Juke is slightly entertaining, though, not having a 6 speed with AWD and a face only Helen Keller could love, ruins any chance of me ever considering one.

• Lee
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
10/18/11 10:16 p.m.
Vigo wrote: I just want them to put the factory Juke motor in a Cube. The Juke-R doesnt do ANYTHING for me. It's not because it's a juke. It's because its completely irrelevant.. anyone with the ability to do such a thing should probably be doing something WAY cooler with their time.

Ahhhhhh a fellow Cube lover (liker?). I guess that makes two of us. I love the Japanese box vans because they are so weird. Needs a better motor for sure. Like Mazda should drop in the MS3 motor into the Mazda 5, Nissan should drop in a sweet little turbo mill into the Cube.

The0retical
The0retical New Reader
10/20/11 1:50 a.m.

On a side note Nissan does have build and tech videos of the building of this car. Its mostly hype but sort of cool tidbits of info.

Video 1

Video 2

and 3

I actually would consider buying one of these if they put them into production despite the looks, though those spoilers would have to go for daily driving.

turboHLS30
turboHLS30 Reader
10/27/11 8:03 a.m.

Here's video 4

Vid 4

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/27/11 8:41 a.m.

meh...still as pointless as a football bat.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
10/27/11 9:06 a.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: Like Mazda should drop in the MS3 motor into the Mazda 5

Yes. Yes they should. And the wife and I would have bought one had they sold it a year ago when we bought our '5.

She wants to go turbo once we're done paying it off, but everything I hear is that the 2.3T swap is for some reason way unnecessarily difficult and not many people have successfully done it.

Maybe there's a CARB-approved S/C for the Mazda 2.3L out there somewhere...

GTB_ZR1
GTB_ZR1 New Reader
10/27/11 2:45 p.m.

The car is so ridiculous, that's it's ultimately cool. I'm wondering if there's a weight advantage over the GT-R--there's certainly a size advantage.

I'd drive & race the pi$$ out of it...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3ojR4fYo2rK5SmCZVanlv1RypeBUq9vzRnJ0Zky6nqYOGPeXXUsTJTsPwEhY7UtD