JoeColeman
JoeColeman New Reader
9/5/08 7:52 p.m.

It was a 1995 Montego Blue C-package. I bought it 5 years ago with 40k on it, and drove it another 29k. Luckily the guy is a family friend, so I should see it again. I really didn't think it would happen this fast. He called me last night and said he would be in town and would like to see it. Showed up tonight, drove it around the block, and pulled out his checkbook. I really wasn't ready for that, I figured he would think about it first. I've sold a few of my old Rx-7's, and never had a feeling of regret this strong. Sure, having 5 cars, 2 of which are 2 seater sportscars was a bit much, and I need to remodel my bathroom, but this still sucks.

Sultan
Sultan New Reader
9/5/08 8:24 p.m.

You could have kept the car and just drove to a bathroom:-) Sorry to hear it!

NOHOME
NOHOME New Reader
9/5/08 9:41 p.m.

I feel your pain.

Did the same thing a few years ago. Bought the Miata back last xmas and have been enjoying it all summer. Sadly, it IS an 18 year old car, and I either need to commit to it for the long term and spend serious money, or just pass it on.

With a 67 MGB, a 61 Bugeye, 1990 Miata and a 2002 Protege in the fleet, I can not afford to devote too much more sentiment to the cars.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
9/6/08 8:07 p.m.

Im sure selling it feels better than watching it get towed away after an accident... and then seeing your trunk/wing(identifiable by the stickers) on a diiferent car

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/6/08 9:12 p.m.

I'll sell you mine, just so I can feel your pain & help you out in the process!

ww
ww Dork
9/6/08 10:59 p.m.

Only two 2-seater's and you're "over budget"?!

Dang! If that's the threshold, I'm in trouble with EIGHT 2 seaters in the garage... I guess maybe the 4 "family" size cars make up for it...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HBdoX7r7duxupMGR7CY8SehkHGmFnJ5bfl5xBmfIKdugl2UnVwgKcqKX27fzAIgM