1 2 3
SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
10/8/13 3:28 p.m.

Nope, just a ring connecting the house key to the meotter key.
The Nova set is the same, plus the pair of keys for said Chevy.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
10/8/13 3:45 p.m.

I have one of these and a small glowing tritium thing I got ages ago.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/13 4:13 p.m.

I have kept my keys on one of these for the past 20 years. It's no longer shiney, it's not even silver anymore, more a dull grey colour.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/8/13 4:27 p.m.

I have 24 cars, many are Ford, so those have 2 keys, then shop, house, etc, my total key ring is rather excessive, I break them down with the carabiner style ring as above

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/8/13 4:36 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: mine is one of these, about 1.5" long

That is what I use also.
3 keys. Work (why oh why?) Wifes car, my car. That is all. Keys for the truck are in the truck. (Don't tell anyone...)

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
10/8/13 6:05 p.m.

The MINI requires one "key" so it is by itself. No ring or anything at all. The BMW motorcycle has two keys - a foldy one for the ignition and gas cap and a separate one for the luggage - so it has a little ring that the two keys are on. Ditto the Enfield, which has a separate key for ignition and tank. The Vette has a door key and an ignition key and it, too, has only a metal ring.

I don't like stuff hanging from my dashboard, especially if it is possible for it to touch my knee. And I don't like big items in my pockets. So small and flat as possible.

alex
alex UberDork
10/8/13 6:07 p.m.

I keep my keys on a large carbiner, subdivided on rings for the house (2 keys), shop (4 keys), truck (3), cars (1 each, plus fob), motorcycles (1 each, plus the disc lock key) and the "et cetera" ring, which has keys for my folks' house, friends' houses, that sort of thing. It gets a little silly.

The house, shop and truck keys are always on my person, and the truck keyring carries a Gerber Artifact.

Unless I'm going out somewhere decent, in which case I pare down to house keys and the key/fob for whatever car I'm driving, and leave the janitor's keyring at home.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
10/8/13 6:32 p.m.

I've an S-Biner Ahhh, which I clip to a belt loop and stuff into the corner of my back pocket to keep the Janitor Jingle at bay. It holds my keys and opens my beer; what else would it need to do?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
10/8/13 8:17 p.m.

I had a brass fob that was engraved with "La Bastille Cell 27" for over 30 years, and one day it must have worn the hole out and disappeared.

I'd had it longer than I had my wife.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/13 8:23 p.m.

Oh, the temptation. The jokes are writing themselves.

carbon
carbon Reader
10/8/13 8:27 p.m.

The mr2 has a single key with a oval piece of carbon, the 77celica and fj40 key (same key! I'm gonna have to buy that car back from my friend Joe) are on a granturismo 5 special edition keychain (came with my preordered gt5 along with a diecast gtr and a book. House keys are on a carabiniere (spellcheck says thats how you spell that ) I dont like the distraction of keys clanking around while i'm driving or the wear on my ignition lock cyl, or surrounding area.

Max_Archer
Max_Archer Reader
10/8/13 8:34 p.m.

I'm using the keychain that came with the collector's edition of Gran Turismo 5, just car and building keys on it otherwise. I'd post a pic but flickr is down right now.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
10/8/13 8:46 p.m.

From the JDMPhotoADay challenge recently. MR2 has two keys because I replaced the steering column early on to shore up some wiggle & they left the ignition from the new column installed.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/13 9:08 p.m.

This was a great idea for a thread!

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
10/8/13 9:08 p.m.

a dull old carabiner. keeps my keys from getting lost at track events and such, and is better than having a keychain in my pocket.

"other" keys that I keep in the garage (for trailer, locks, etc) are on various ski-industry keychains I've accrued over the years.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
10/8/13 9:20 p.m.

For my Spitfire of course.

The Europa doesn't have a key.

xFactor
xFactor Reader
10/9/13 6:52 a.m.

An old genade pin ring.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
10/9/13 8:10 a.m.

The Victorinox fob works well me:

photo Keyfob_zps0b8da0c7.jpg

The USB drive detaches, the pen writes, it all works. It even has a white LED! Yes, I fold it all up before stuffing it in my pocket.

Kramer
Kramer HalfDork
10/9/13 8:45 a.m.

[URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/Kramercjk/media/IMAG0213.jpg.html][/URL]

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/9/13 9:29 a.m.

My primary keychain is pretty boring, it's one of the ones that you can separate into two parts and has rings on both sides: one side has the keys to the cars, the other side has the house keys & the fob for the Saturn. More than a few times I'd be in the car with the engine running and realize I needed something I'd forgotten in the house- this way I can just detach the house keys and leave the engine warming up.

The DeLorean's keychain is a LEGO Batman keychain. I WISH they made a keychain of either of the minifigures that came with the LEGO BTTF DeLorean kit (Marty & Doc), I'd have bought one of those (several actually, since they do get worn out/broken) in a heartbeat.

Some pretty neat ideas and keychains in this thread! I always wanted one of the working spinning magic dorito keychains when I had my FC 'Vert- would still be neat to have.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
10/9/13 10:26 a.m.

These are the ones I use all the time. I carry a bottle opener, electrical panel key, and a Kumho lanyards. All other keys are singles on loops. On super beater cars the keys always stay in them.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
10/9/13 10:29 a.m.

In reply to alex:

I love the look of the Gerber Artifact. Cool to know another key tool.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
10/9/13 10:32 a.m.

I have the fob for my ms3, one key to the prism, one key to the ms3, house keys to my place, my grandmothers place, my pool, my fitness room and the keys to the mx6. I don't have room for a chain. Wife hangs her freakin WALLET off her keys so she doesn't lose either item.... I find it exceptionally annoying to drive her car. I usually detach said wallet, throw it in the glovebox and subsequently forget to tell her.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/9/13 10:47 a.m.

One of these, without the engraving on it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/13 10:47 a.m.

Interesting setups here. I have my keys subdivided on a removable-ring hub like this:

Each car is on one, house keys are on one, etc...I have a mini Swiss Army knife and measuring tape on it as well.

I'm really thinking about replacing it with that fancy Swisstech thing now.

With a modern smartphone with BT and USB mass storage access I don't find myself using USB flash drives so much anymore.

Oh and on the AE92's keychain I have a glass breaker & belt cutter

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RWsEBlQecqrF6BajmOVpbzVOSLt4GxuSwfAMjDMnsLhcFEEusWXEpydOYAwOCRND