Moparman
Moparman Reader
8/4/09 5:51 p.m.

I just mounted 205-15 Kumho XS tires on my daughter's autocross 84 Charger 2.2. What pressures should we run. The suspension is set up for autocross with 2.2 degrees negative camber up front.

iceracer
iceracer HalfDork
8/4/09 6:22 p.m.

Kumho might give you suggestions. I would guess somewhere north or south of 40 psi. Some run higher in the rear, depends on the set up. I'm sure others will chime in.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/4/09 6:25 p.m.

depends on your driver preferences...as a general rule, lower relative pressure in the rear tends to help keep the rear following the fronts, and higher pressures in the rear tend to make the rear more "loose"

that said, I have no experience with the car, the tires, that much camber, and I have never been to Nats...or even won my class regionally.

Moparman
Moparman Reader
8/4/09 6:43 p.m.

I ran the Azenis that were on the car 45 front and 34 rear and the car seemed to like that.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
8/4/09 8:58 p.m.

As a basis I generally start at around 36 front and 34 rear and work from there...IMHO

d_jabsd
d_jabsd GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/5/09 7:35 a.m.
Moparman wrote: I ran the Azenis that were on the car 45 front and 34 rear and the car seemed to like that.

If the car liked those pressures, start there, then adjust as necessary. You probably won't end up too far off from those pressures in the end.

scottgib
scottgib New Reader
8/5/09 7:41 a.m.

They take less than Azenis. On my 02 MCS, I run 37 front, 33 rear when autocrossing. My car is 2540#. Put a little too much and back off until the scuff hits the little arrows at the side of the tread. That will give max grip. Optimal response needs a little more but is slower overall.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
8/5/09 8:49 a.m.

I run 32 all around, cold. They usually get to about 37 after a run or two. Then again, I'm in a light car.

Moparman
Moparman Reader
8/5/09 8:10 p.m.

How light Tommy? The Charger weighs in at about 2300 lbs with my daughter behind he wheel.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
8/5/09 9:12 p.m.

That's about what the e30 weighs.

Versingetrix
Versingetrix New Reader
8/6/09 3:43 a.m.

I want to know when Kumho is going to add a 205x40x17 to this XS line up. I run the Azenis 615's for track days after the MX's gave out and love those...but after the texas toast review I really want to try this tire for track days.

wbjones
wbjones New Reader
8/6/09 8:38 p.m.

don't mean to hi-jack.... but are there any recommendations for a track / auto-x tire for a BMW 330xi AWD and heavy

last Aug a brand new set of RE01R's de-laminated during a track day at VIR... going it the roller coster (scary....)

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/6/09 8:42 p.m.

what exactly is "delamination" in relation to tires?

(sorry for threadjacking)

wbjones
wbjones New Reader
8/7/09 6:36 p.m.

tread separated from the carcass, looked like some of those old style re-caps...

Bridgestone wouldn't even talk to her (car belongs to friend and competitor )

she's leaning towards some Yokohama's ....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IXbdWCU3uLFzh0SJd3jN0EBe5iXHB8wYZXX4Qq9Q9FudW3rZIen5rGgaz4F7hqdI