thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/09 3:19 p.m.

My truck has a slow leak in the brakes somewhere but I'm not really sure where. The brake pedal will go to the floor sometimes but it come back after I pump it a couple of times. My thought is a leaky brake master cylinder but there isn't an obvious leak on the outside of it. So I'm thinking the seals are bad and fluid is just seeping past it and making me lose pressure. Am I on the right track here or should I be looking somewhere else? I think my front brake lines may be a little suspect too.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
10/12/09 3:38 p.m.

check the inside of your tires for fluid runs , put card board under car for the night see what drips under motor

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/09 4:00 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: My truck has a slow leak in the brakes somewhere but I'm not really sure where. The brake pedal will go to the floor sometimes but it come back after I pump it a couple of times. My thought is a leaky brake master cylinder but there isn't an obvious leak on the outside of it. So I'm thinking the seals are bad and fluid is just seeping past it and making me lose pressure. Am I on the right track here or should I be looking somewhere else? I think my front brake lines may be a little suspect too.

if you're not losing fluid from the reservoir, it's just sneaking past the seals internally.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/09 4:03 p.m.

I am losing fluid from the reservoir, just slowly and I don't see an obvious leak.

porksboy
porksboy Dork
10/12/09 6:51 p.m.

Look inside the booster.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DCSOvA0ORkOYyR1vDJNBZ1wvOqxIigsOQMvZOawQA7eDpixlQIBcrQEpRXzy3W7G