1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
8/11/12 1:40 p.m.

I've got a line on a nearly rot free 510 wagon. I don't know if it runs and the owner isn't sure of the year.

Five and dimes seem popular. How hard are parts, upgrades and swaps with these things?

510 wagon (?)

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
8/11/12 2:25 p.m.

Buy it the price is great! RWD easy upgrades, some parts exchange from 240, 260, 280, 300zs. There is a ton of information on parts on the internet.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
8/11/12 3:18 p.m.

510 or not it's 200 bucks! You can't buy a decent television for that!

Ask the Forza crowd why these cars are so awesome.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
8/11/12 4:37 p.m.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Enablers.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltraDork
8/11/12 4:57 p.m.

Great car - if you get it let me know. I just bought all the old "510 Again" and the "UFO" newsletters for the cost of postage. About 15" tall of all Datsun 510 info, although some information is dated. I live near Lemont, IL and can drop them off.

In comparison to the Z cars; bumpers, fenders, doors, interior, and most all steel stuff is quickly climbing in prices. Most guys are starting to squirrel all the extra parts they can. Performance and fun factor is good. The wagon did NOT have the cool independent rear axle the Z and 510 had.

This is my favorite 510 site. http://www.the510realm.com/

No title? Whatcha planning on doing?

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/11/12 5:02 p.m.

want

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltraDork
8/11/12 5:28 p.m.

Contact yenpit in Holland, Michigan. Really nice guy. He's trying to get me to stop over next weekend after the Grattan Vintage races.

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24227

He is looking to clear out all the heavy stuff he has. He has a ton of 510 stuff along with a lot of hard to find Nissan race stuff.

There is also a 510 racer guy in Wood Dale that has a lot of body parts for sale on craigslist.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/11/12 6:04 p.m.

I'm an old BMW 2002 fan, and I approve of this purchase. Dang shame you don't live down South with us..we have our problems, but getting around a lost title's not one of them. 510s rocked then, and they rock now. Saw one on the street six months ago, started walking in his direction, first words out of his mouth were, "Don't even ask, man! Took me years to find it!". I laughed so hard that he started laughing, too.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
8/11/12 7:31 p.m.

The wagons have leaf springs and live axle at the rear but I'd grab it for that price.

thunderzy
thunderzy Reader
8/11/12 8:15 p.m.

Love it

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
8/11/12 9:46 p.m.

Learned to drive in a 69 510 wagon. And the first engine I rebuilt. With dad directing from a chair. Reason it needed rebuilding was I wanted to know how fast it would go in each gear. Then . Lotta fun in that car.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
8/11/12 9:52 p.m.

You're in Illinois. I'm in Kansas. The car's in Montana.

If you don't leave soon, I'll beat you there.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
8/12/12 12:54 a.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: You're in Illinois. I'm in Kansas. The car's in Montana. If you don't leave soon, I'll beat you there.

Say What?

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
8/12/12 11:29 a.m.

Apparently its easy to get a replacement title in Montana. If anything I'll just have my bro do it (resident) and the transfer the title myself in Illinois. I'm calling the dude today.

$200 OBO? I'll bet it if the brother offered $150 it'd be mine.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
8/12/12 12:43 p.m.

You simply can't go wrong for $200. It's probably worth more than that in scrap value (God forbid!!).

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
8/12/12 2:51 p.m.

Uh...why don't you own this yet?!

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/12 6:27 p.m.

In Northern California, Datsuns in general and 510s in particular are all over the place - but 95 percent of the time they're non-runners. I cant think of any car besides air-cooled veedubs that's been driven harder, put away wetter, and subjected to so many failed builds. My son wants one as his first car, but krikey, what a bunch of rats to choose from!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
8/12/12 7:23 p.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: Uh...why don't you own this yet?!

THIS!!!

kreb wrote: My son wants one as his first car,

You raised him well.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/12 8:01 p.m.

as a fiat 131 lover... I also approve.. we need more boxes on the road

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
8/12/12 9:06 p.m.

Mad Machine, wanna take a trip?

Your Fiat awaits.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/12 9:33 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Mad Machine, wanna take a trip? Your Fiat awaits.

I would love a 128 rally.. but that one sounds like some parts floating in a soup of metal oxide

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
8/13/12 5:52 p.m.

That might be the only native rust bucket in Montana.

Southtexassupra
Southtexassupra New Reader
8/14/12 1:51 a.m.

Im a diehard Toyota nut, but i would never be able to say no to a 510 wagon, my wife would just have to understand.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
8/14/12 7:33 a.m.

nothing to add but this bit of enabling

rivet flares and matte paint FTMFW

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
8/14/12 7:39 a.m.

I really love 510s. But if that thing has been parked over dirt for 15 years, don't expect the underside to be rot free. I don't know much about Montana weather except it gets really cold and snows a lot.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6heleoTyRwgKhMsZUo96imIsrnoPMnwmNiYNIxN9F09qxrFtAWUbEQT7DfQT2d3b