1 2
B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/27/18 7:01 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Ill keep that in mind. Im thinking that im gonna clean it up. Throw some correct wheels on it with some good rubber. Do an autoX event maybe even a rally. 

Polish or paint it and then yeah.... Sell it. I wanna see wht other parts on the car. I know it has aftermarket suspension but like an idiot I forgot to look at it. 

If you are serious shoot me an email. Im email you when im done playing with it. It's crazy how solid this car is. Not a spot of rust

B13Birk
1/27/18 7:06 p.m.

Im thinking this color would look good on it if the paint doesn't buff out well. 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
1/27/18 8:46 p.m.

What a steal... 

Enjoy!

B13Birk
1/27/18 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Based on my research im not seeing many options anymore for suspension modifications. Based on your extensive research (which is incredibly helpful btw) what would you recommend? 

B13Birk
1/27/18 8:51 p.m.

In reply to Vigo :

Thanks. It has truly ended up being an even better find that I thought it was in the first place. 

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 New Reader
1/27/18 9:44 p.m.

Suspension choices are lacking today. The forumla for years was ACR Konis and Mopar High Rate springs your choice of sway bars. Now with both High Rates and Koni sports long discontinued it's tough. For rally cross I typically cram the tallest stiffest 2gn neon lowering springs onto the best set of Konis in my collection. 

If you want to spend some money Feal suspension can apparently make Chinese coilovers into something worthwhile used BC/KSport/D2 whatever usually sell between $500-800 

Whatever you do make sure you have fresh well lubricated poly front control arm and rear tension strut bushings. Moog Problem Solver front control arms have a urethane bearing  for the vertical bushing may be better in a rally environment  

B13Birk
1/28/18 8:49 a.m.

It's Officially Official. 

I started a Build Thread

Thanks for all the help and input yall. Be sure to follow along with the build. 

Ill be needing advice along the way!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/28/18 3:13 p.m.

In reply to B13Birk :

Unfortunately, I’ve been away from Neons for more than 10 years, so I don’t know the current state of the market. Neons.org is still active, though, and has a great forum. 

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
1/28/18 6:15 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to B13Birk :

Unfortunately, I’ve been away from Neons for more than 10 years, so I don’t know the current state of the market. Neons.org is still active, though, and has a great forum. 

Same here.  I’m almost embarrassed by how much information has slipped since 2005 when I was practically an encyclopedia of Neon knowledge.

B13Birk
1/28/18 7:18 p.m.

In reply to red_stapler :

I know how that goes haha. I was once an expert on many things.... I think?? I Don't know... I can't really remember. 

I have tracked down a Brand new in box set of 4 Yellow ACR Koni Adjustables for the neon... Those will go nicely with some good springs and should greatly increase the handling and future interest in the car. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/28/18 7:18 p.m.

Those will be awesome for it. Excellent!

B13Birk
1/29/18 10:00 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Yeah I think so too. Just need to choose if im going to keep it long term or sell it and use the $$ for my race car. We shall see. Either way Ill be doing some stuff to get the car straightened out and cleaned up before selling. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/30/18 8:54 a.m.

In reply to B13Birk :

If you do sell it, I'd be interested on behalf of DD#1 who is liooking for an autocross car.

B13Birk
1/30/18 2:19 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I 100% will be selling it. Just not sure how soon or for how much just yet. Be sure to follow my "build thread" all the info will be there. When i choose to sell it I will make it known there and post it on the classifieds page here. Its such a clean car. Needs some minor adjustments and then ill be letting it go. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xpomcw5ua1HYRmUUHG6HnZhfZofdKsej0EmL53ylmjd8O3hM0NWiGqAHYSj31HWk